Chocolate Vegan Pumpkin Pie
This delicious Chocolate Vegan Pumpkin Pie is delicious, healthier pie for your Thanksgiving table. It is made with silken tofu instead of eggs for a silky smooth dessert. Your guests will love it!
I was going to try and fool you guys by leaving the vegan out of the pumpkin pie. It's not that I don't want you to know, it's just that if you didn't you'd never guess it's vegan. It's got this secret ingredient in it that I think is super awesome.
You know what it's like, right? You make something super delicious but it has something in it that your friends might think is weird, so you just don't tell them. That's what I was going to do, but I've changed my mind.
We're pals, you and I, mostly cause we love good food, and partly because we're ok with being adventurous when it tastes delicious. And I know we both love a healthy twist on a good, old-fashioned recipe.
Are you ready to hear about the secret ingredient in this Chocolate Vegan Pumpkin Pie?
Read on, my friends …
See that rich, decadent slice of heaven? That beauty is made with silken tofu. Don't run away from me! Let me explain.
The great thing about tofu is that it's a bit of a magician; it can change and adapt and become many different things. Both soft and silken tofu has next to no flavor of their own, so they're really easy to incorporate into desserts.
In this vegan pumpkin pie, the tofu stands in for the eggs so the pie filling will set. The texture is a little denser than regular pumpkin pie, and every bit as delicious.
Bonus: Because soy is a healthy, no-cholesterol protein, this vegan pumpkin pie is healthy for you too!
Remember that Dark Chocolate Vegan Pots de Creme recipe I shared with you ages ago? That has silken tofu in it too. I love experimenting with tofu to create recipes that are both delicious and healthy.
Even that Easy Butter Chicken recipe I shared recently can be made with tofu. I've made it many times using medium tofu instead of the chicken. Medium tofu resembled the Indian cheese paneer quite a bit so the butter chicken becomes butter tofu paneer. UPDATE: here's the Vegan Butter Chicken recipe that swaps the chicken for tofu!
Also, try this vegan peanut butter pie!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More vegan dessert recipes:
- Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Pie
- Pretty Pink Vegan Strawberry Cream Pie
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Vegan Peanut Butter Pie
Chocolate Vegan Pumpkin Pie
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
The Toasted Oatmeal Crust
- 1 ⅓ cups rolled oats
- ⅔ cup pecans
- ¼ cup coconut sugar, can sub brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the oats and the pecans on a baking sheet and toast them in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, mixing halfway. Remove them from the oven and let them cool.1 ⅓ cups rolled oats, ⅔ cup pecans
- While the oats and nuts are cooling, prepare the chocolate vegan pumpkin pie filling. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.¼ cup coconut sugar, 15 ounce canned pumpkin, 1 ½ cups silken tofu, ¼ cup coconut sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon allspice, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, ½ – 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Once the oats and nuts have cooled slightly put them in a food processor and pulse a few times till they are coarsely ground. If you don't have a food processor, you can chop the oats and nuts by hand. Pour the ground oats and pecans into a large bowl, add the remaining crust ingredients and mix well.¼ cup coconut sugar, ⅓ cup coconut oil melted, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pour the oats into a 9-inch pie pan and press them firmly into the pan. Pour the chocolate vegan pumpkin filling into the pan and smooth out the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let the pie cool for at least an hour before serving it. It will set as it cools.