This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This rich and fudgy Vegan Salted Caramel Brownies is layered with an easy to make vegan salted caramel and dotted with cashews.
Um, hello. Yes, I'm talking to you, you sweet delicious thing of my dreams. I see you staring at me, all chocolatey and covered in drippy salted caramel.
It's not even fair.
I'd be lying to you if I told you I had any power to resist this Vegan Salted Caramel Brownies situation going on here. It tasted (notice the past tense) even better in real life than looks in the pictures.
It was ridiculous, in the best possible way.
You guys, this Vegan Salted Caramel Brownies is off the charts. It's crazy rich and fudgy with crispy edges and sweet salted caramel.
And it needs to be said, but you definitely don't need to be vegan to fall in love with this brownie. When I told my handsome man I was making this, his response was, “But does it HAVE to be vegan? What's wrong with butter and eggs?” Ha!
After he ate his half in about 3 nanoseconds (omg, I'm just omitting that we shared this six-person dessert!) he said, “Babe, we have a big problem, there's no more brownie left.” And then he went on to beg me to make another. #veganbrownieswin
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Crazy awesome vegan desserts:
- Magic Chocolate Coconut Bliss Balls
- Healthy Apple Crisp with Coconut and Pecans
- Chocolate Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Pie with Coconut Almond Crust
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Pots De Creme
Vegan Salted Caramel
- ¾ cup coconut cream (scooped from the top of a full-fat can of coconut milk)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Vegan Skillet Brownie
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 4 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free, if needed)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 inch metal baking dish with parchment paper, allowing some to hang over the edge so you can easily remove the brownies.
- Heat the coconut cream, brown sugar, and salt in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat simmers. Let the caramel simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the pot from the heat.¾ cup coconut cream, ¾ cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- To make the flax egg, mix the non-dairy milk and ground flax in a bowl and set it aside to thicken.½ cup non-dairy milk, 4 tablespoons ground flax
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, cooking oil, and flax egg. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt and whisk just until combined. Stir in the chopped nuts.1 cup granulated sugar, ½ cup cooking oil, 1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon sea salt, ½ cup chopped nuts
- Spread half the batter in the prepared baking dish. Cover with ⅓ of the caramel sauce then top the caramel with the remaining batter. Place 6 dollops of the caramel sauce on the top (save some to serve with the brownies!) and then take a knife and run it through the caramel and batter to create swirls.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the brownies are just barely cooked through. Let the brownies cool for 10 minutes before you remove them from the pan. Let them cool on a cooling rack for another 10 minutes before serving them with some caramel sauce over the top.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.