Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
Peanut butter banana ice cream is the best healthy, dairy-free ice cream around. It's made with only 2 ingredients and you probably have all of them in your kitchen right now. Go on, you know you want a bowl of this banana nice cream!
Let's talk peanut butter banana ice cream
This nice cream is 100% guilt-free deliciousness that should not be missed. It will cure your sweet tooth and have you singing its praises. Promise. We've been making this same recipe for YEARS now and fall in love with it more and more each time we make it.
- Made with 2 ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen right now.
- Best eaten right away – This is the ice cream recipe that you can eat 5 minutes after you think, “I feel like eating ice cream.”
- Perfect for fooling your kids, friends, partner, yourself into thinking that you are eating a sugar-filled dessert.
- Even though there is no added sugar at all.
- No ice cream maker needed! A high-powered blender or your food processor will do the trick.
- As close to soft-serve real ice cream as a healthy dessert is ever going to get.
How to make peanut butter banana ice cream
This recipe is incredibly simple to make. Grab your high-powdered blender or food processor, a few frozen bananas, and peanut butter. Let's go!
- Break the frozen bananas into a few pieces and put them into your blender. Add the peanut butter and …
- Blend blend blend.
How to freeze bananas
Most of the time, we simply put overripe bananas straight into the freezer. When we want to make this ice cream, we hold the frozen bananaa under hot running water for a few seconds then peel them with a paring knife.
Another option is to freeze them in chunks. This can be handy if you make a lot of banana ice cream and smoothies.
- Cut the ripe bananas into 1-inch chunks then lay them in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze.
- Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag. We love these reusable large Stasher freezer bags!
How long does banana peanut butter ice cream last
This ice cream is made for those of us who don't plan ahead as it is best eaten as soon as you make it. Scoop it directly from the blender into bowls. It is pretty soft this way, but absolutely delicious.
You can freeze it, but we recommend eating it within 2 hours. While it can be frozen for longer periods, it will freeze solid and need to thaw before you can eat it. It's still good once it thaws, but never quite as good as when it's fresh.
How to turn this into chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream
Easy! Simply add cocoa powder. Check out this chocolate banana ice cream recipe for all the details.
Make this banana nice cream even more fun
Toppings make everything more fun! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Chopped peanuts
- Honey roasted peanuts
- Other chopped nuts like cashews, pecans, or walnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Peanut butter drizzle (mix peanut butter with a little cold water)
Healthy Ice Cream Recipes:
- Lime Coconut Ice Cream
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Dreamy Almond Chocolate Nice Cream
- Black Pepper Pistachio Ice Cream
- Boozy Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 ripe frozen bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup all-natural salted peanut butter
- Optional: chocolate chips, to serve
- Place the bananas and peanut butter in your high-powered blender or food processor. (See notes) Blend on high, scraping down the edges, until the ice cream is very creamy, about 2-3 minutes.4 ripe frozen bananas, ¼ cup all-natural salted peanut butter
- Best served right away.Optional: chocolate chips
Wow it’s turned out to be so tastsy! I didn’t expect that and it’s really perfect even to eat without freezing it. Thank you so much 😀
I like it straight out of the blender the best, too!
Wow! What a brilliant idea! I have mine back in the freezer at the moment as it was a bit mushy, but I was just eating what was left over in my blender and….OMG! I cannot wait to get stuck in!! ? Mine is actually a greedy portion with chocolate chips. This will DEFINITELY be my Go To from now on. Can’t wait to tell my sister who has the same intolerance to diary and wheat ? Thank you so much
You’re so welcome!!!
Best ‘ice cream’ around! Will make it all summer!
Yes! So happy that you think so, too!
I made the Peanut Butter Banana ice cream in my Vitamix it was easy and tasted delicious, I will be making this recipe again
That’s wonderful to hear!
I have some over ripened bananas in my fruit bowl side eyeing me. Was going to use them for banana bread but I’m going to make instead. Looks delicious
I hope you like it as much as I do!!
What are the nutrition facts if you omit the chocolate chips?
The nutritional info is calculated without the optional chocolate chips. I’ve made a note about that now. 🙂
I just whipped up half a batch to try and it is amazing.. Thanks for the great recipe. Now to hide it in the back of the freezer!
Hahaha that’s how I feel when I make it!!
Anyone would die to try this peanut butter ice cream! It looks delicious and will surely satisfy your taste buds.
Thank you! It is really tasty. 🙂
how long will this ice cream stay good if in the freezer?
Technically it will last for months in the freezer, but I find it’s best eaten within a few days. If you leave it in the freezer for more than an hour or so, let it thaw a little in the fridge before you eat it. 🙂
I wouldn’t have given this recipe a second glance (bananas and peanut butter? And it tastes like ice cream?) if not for your amazing pics. Must try! Soon! With the chocolate chips, of course. 🙂
Aww thanks, Deb! I know it sounds pretty weird but it’s such a great way to enjoy ice cream while still keeping things healthy. I was actually thinking of making another batch today. 🙂
I love the idea of hiking, but I’m more a cycling girl – the main point is to get out from the city, house , away from the computer and enjoy…
Your version of banana ice cream is great – I’ve never made it with peanut butter, hmm, I’ll give it a try these days 🙂
I love the peanut butter and banana combo. And that it only has 3 ingredients! The chocolate chips are totally necessary for me!
For me too! I love chocolate. 🙂
I need this ice cream in my life!
I’m all over banana ice cream right now. It kinda does my head in that ice cream can actually be good for you and still taste great. 🙂
This is one of my favorite smmer treats to make! SOOO good! Love your photos.
Thank you so much, Kelly!
Love the ease of making this but enjoyed eating it more. Thanks!
Will be happy to join in for more of your receipes.
Thank you, Charlotte! I definitely enjoyed eating it too. 🙂