Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
Peanut butter banana ice cream is the best healthy, dairy-free ice cream around. It's made with only 2 ingredients and you probably have all of them in your kitchen right now. Go on, you know you want a bowl of this banana nice cream!
Let's talk peanut butter banana ice cream
This nice cream is 100% guilt-free deliciousness that should not be missed. It will cure your sweet tooth and have you singing its praises. Promise. We've been making this same recipe for YEARS now and fall in love with it more and more each time we make it.
- Made with 2 ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen right now.
- Best eaten right away – This is the ice cream recipe that you can eat 5 minutes after you think, “I feel like eating ice cream.”
- Perfect for fooling your kids, friends, partner, yourself into thinking that you are eating a sugar-filled dessert.
- Even though there is no added sugar at all.
- No ice cream maker needed! A high-powered blender or your food processor will do the trick.
- As close to soft-serve real ice cream as a healthy dessert is ever going to get.
How to make peanut butter banana ice cream
This recipe is incredibly simple to make. Grab your high-powdered blender or food processor, a few frozen bananas, and peanut butter. Let's go!
- Break the frozen bananas into a few pieces and put them into your blender. Add the peanut butter and …
- Blend blend blend.
How to freeze bananas
Most of the time, we simply put overripe bananas straight into the freezer. When we want to make this ice cream, we hold the frozen bananaa under hot running water for a few seconds then peel them with a paring knife.
Another option is to freeze them in chunks. This can be handy if you make a lot of banana ice cream and smoothies.
- Cut the ripe bananas into 1-inch chunks then lay them in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze.
- Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag. We love these reusable large Stasher freezer bags!
How long does banana peanut butter ice cream last
This ice cream is made for those of us who don't plan ahead as it is best eaten as soon as you make it. Scoop it directly from the blender into bowls. It is pretty soft this way, but absolutely delicious.
You can freeze it, but we recommend eating it within 2 hours. While it can be frozen for longer periods, it will freeze solid and need to thaw before you can eat it. It's still good once it thaws, but never quite as good as when it's fresh.
How to turn this into chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream
Easy! Simply add cocoa powder. Check out this chocolate banana ice cream recipe for all the details.
Make this banana nice cream even more fun
Toppings make everything more fun! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Chopped peanuts
- Honey roasted peanuts
- Other chopped nuts like cashews, pecans, or walnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Peanut butter drizzle (mix peanut butter with a little cold water)
Healthy Ice Cream Recipes:
- Lime Coconut Ice Cream
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Dreamy Almond Chocolate Nice Cream
- Black Pepper Pistachio Ice Cream
- Boozy Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 ripe frozen bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup all-natural salted peanut butter
- Optional: chocolate chips, to serve
- Place the bananas and peanut butter in your high-powered blender or food processor. (See notes) Blend on high, scraping down the edges, until the ice cream is very creamy, about 2-3 minutes.4 ripe frozen bananas, ¼ cup all-natural salted peanut butter
- Best served right away.Optional: chocolate chips