This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Tender and delicious pistachio crusted salmon is served with a simple Thai green curry sauce. It's a healthy, 5-ingredient recipe that takes only 20 minutes to make. You'll love it!
This recipe was originally published way back in 2015. We've freshened it up with some new photos and some more information. We now prefer to cook the salmon faster and at a higher temperature, as we do in our 8-minute baked salmon recipe. Other than that small difference, this recipe has remained unchanged.
Pistachio crusted salmon
Pistachio crusted salmon recipe has long been a favorite of ours. The tender, flaky salmon with salted pistachios sits in a little pool of green coconut curry sauce. It's pure gold.
And while this salmon may look like a fancy recipe, it's made in just 20 minutes so it's easily a weeknight dinner.
Healthy and delicious doesn't get any better than this!
How to make pistachio crusted salmon
Making pistachio crusted salmon is very simple! Here's what you're going to do:
- If you want to serve rice with your meal, put on a pot first.
- Next, make the sauce. This is simply some coconut milk, curry paste, and soy sauce or coco aminos that is simmered until it thickens. Easy!
- Now pile some finely chopped pistachios on top of salmon fillets, drizzle some oil over the top and bake the salmon for about 10 minutes.
That's it … dinner is done!
Full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
How long does pistachio salmon last?
Cooked fish lasts for 3-4 days in your fridge. Make sure to reheat it gently. You only want to warm the fish, not cook it more.
What to serve with pistachio crusted salmon
The green curry sauce begs to be poured over basmati rice or cauliflower rice. One of our favorite side dishes (and what you see in the picture above) is our sautéed bok choy with ginger and garlic. It goes great with this salmon!
A few other sides we love with pistachio salmon are:
Love pistachios? Try these recipes:
- Sweet and Sticky Pistachio Honey Chicken
- Pretty Beet Gnocchi with Pistachio Arugula Pesto
- Bourbon Maple Glazed Carrots with Pistachios
- Pistachio, White Chocolate and Cranberry Granola
- Black Pepper Pistachio Ice Cream
Popular salmon recipes
- Cajun Salmon
- 8 Minute Baked Salmon
- Cashew Coconut Salmon Curry
- Sokeye Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Pecan Crusted Salmon with Garlic Maple Glaze
- 15 ounce can of coconut milk (400ml )
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (gluten-free or coco aminos, if needed)
- ½ cup salted pistachios
- 4 fillets salmon (about 6-ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring the coconut milk, Thai green curry paste, and soy sauce to a boil in a small pot. Lower the heat and let it simmer gently, uncovered, whisking occasionally until it reduces to 1 cup.15 ounce can of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons Thai green curry, 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Finely chop the pistachios by hand or using a small food processor. Lay the salmon, skin side down, on the prepared baking sheet, and cover with the pistachios, pressing them firmly into the salmon so that they stick. Drizzle the top of the salmon with the oil. Bake the salmon for 8-10 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit and is soft and just barely starts to flake.½ cup salted pistachios, 4 fillets salmon, 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Make a pool of the green curry sauce on four plates and top with the pistachio crusted salmon.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.