Hello, friends! I've been gone for a while. Have you noticed? I wasn't intentionally trying to ignore you, I promise. I'm bringing you some kick ass delicious cranberry granola to make up for it. It also happens to be green, red and white and oh so perfect for Christmas.
Omg, can you believe it's almost here? It feels like just yesterday I started boycotting stores for putting decorations up inappropriately early, and now the big day is just around the corner. Maybe I should start my shopping. Or maybe I should package up some of this cranberry granola and call it good.
Last year my handsome man and I made all of our Christmas gifts. We went a little crazy. There was hot sauce, spicy rum and rosemary candied nuts, homemade vanilla, bacon caramel popcorn and granola. It was the best. No crowded malls. No anxiety raising big box stores. No wasting money. No made in China by child labour junk.
We were total hippies. ✌️
I have a solid hunch that this cranberry granola will be making its rounds this Christmas. It's packed full of big flakes of toasted coconut, crunchy pistachios, sweet white chocolate and scented with ginger and cardamom. It's pretty damn hard to resist.
If you haven't made granola before, you might be surprised at how easy it is to make. In just a few simple steps you'll have enough breakfast to last you all week, or more.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey
- Mix everything together in a big bowl
- Bake the granola in the oven.
1… 2… 3… cranberry granola! See how easy that was?
If you make this Pistachio, White Chocolate, and Cranberry Granola make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!Print
This green, white, and red Cranberry Granola is the perfect Christmas granola, yet delicious and healthy enough to eat year-round. You will LOVE it!
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup ribbon or large flake coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (use vegan dairy-free white chocolate or dark chocolate chips, for vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small saucepan heat the honey or maple syrup, coconut oil, cardamom, ginger and sea salt until the coconut oil has melted and everything is mixed together well.
- Add the rolled oats, pistachios and coconut to a large bowl. Pour over the honey from the saucepan and mix the granola together well.
- Spread the granola out on a lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minute, stirring halfway through. Take the granola out of the oven when it is medium brown. It will crisp once it cools.
- Stir the cranberries though when you remove the granola from the oven. Gently fold in the white chocolate then let the granola cool on the baking sheet. The chocolate will melt slightly (as long as you don't mix it too much) and adhere to the granola.
- Store the cranberry granola in a sealed plastic bag for up to 2 weeks.