Sweet and Sticky Pistachio Honey Chicken (with cauliflower rice)
This sweet and sticky pistachio honey chicken is insanely delicious. It's crispy, crunchy, sweet, and finger-lickin' good. It's also super healthy served alongside some cauliflower (or regular!) rice. You will LOVE it!
You guys, I've been holding out on you. Life has been a bit of a gong show lately getting ready to meet our little pumpkin. Like, bananas crazy.
I hope you can forgive me.
I'm about 100% sure that once you try this pistachio honey chicken you'll forget all about me holding out on you and just want to lick the sweet and sticky sauce off your fingers every day from here on out. Pistachio honey chicken is so where it's at.
It's also a super healthy meal that's a bit ridiculously easy to make. If you can put chicken in your oven, you can make this. I like to serve it with some cauliflower rice on the side to keep it all paleo-approved. If you like regular rice better, you could totally swap that.
So what makes pistachio honey chicken so kick ass amazing?
- The skin gets all crispy after it hangs out under the broiler for a few minutes.
- It's salty and crunchy from the pistachios.
- Honey. Sweet delicious honey. ‘Nuff said.
- Chicken thighs, which are about 5 bazillion times tastier than chicken breasts.
- All these things come together to make the tastiest damn chicken around.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Best Grilled Chicken Breast
- Sheet Pan Tzatziki Chicken
- Asian Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- One Pan Lemony Greek Chicken with Potatoes + Asparagus
- Healthy One Pan Chicken Potato Gratin
This sweet and sticky pistachio honey chicken is insanely delicious. It's crispy, crunchy, sweet and finger lickin' good. It's also super healthy served alongside some cauliflower (or regular!) rice. You will LOVE it!
For the Pistachio Honey Chicken:
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (I prefer skin on)
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup pistachios, ground in your food processor (some chunks are ok)
- 1/4 cup honey
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl and drizzle with the oil, sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat well. Transfer the chicken thighs to the prepared baking sheet, skin side up. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature is 165 degrees. (Note: thighs often have pinkish spots in the meat so using a thermometer is always your best bet.) Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour over the honey and pistachios and toss to coat the chicken well. Place the chicken back onto the baking sheet, turn your oven to broil, and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until the tops of the chicken are brown. (See notes)
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the rest of the meal. Finely chop the cauliflower using a food processor. Place the chopped cauliflower in a large frying pan with 1/4 cup of water over medium-high heat. Let the cauliflower steam for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve the honey chicken with the cauliflower rice on the side.
* Some ovens only broil at a very high temperature. If this is yours, be very careful not to burn the chicken. Keep the chicken on a low rack and watch it closely.