Bacon Wrapped Mediterranean Chicken
This Mediterranean Chicken is stuffed with feta cheese, sun-dried tomato pesto, and black olives, wrapped in salty bacon and then pan-fried until crispy. It's surprisingly simple to make and a totally delicious dinner recipe that is fancy enough for a dinner party yet easy enough to make for a weeknight meal.
Three words: bacon. bacon. bacon. Is there any other word we really need in life? I didn't think so. Bacon is where it's at.
When I'm dreaming up recipes to share with you guys I normally have three guide words I follow: healthy, easy, and delicious. You probably guessed that as those are likely the three most commonly used words here on this little blog. Now, I know that bacon might not fit into the healthy category for most of you, but we can't deny that it's delish and easy to make. Making some wiggle room in the healthy part of this. 🙂
This Mediterranean chicken recipe all started with a visit from my mom. Whenever she comes to visit she always takes over in the kitchen (awesome) and makes us crazy delicious dinners (extra awesome!) Last time she was down she stuffed chicken breasts with some cream cheese and tarragon and wrapped it in bacon. I've been dreaming up new bacon-wrapped chicken combos ever since.
Enter Mediterranean chicken … it's stuffed with feta cheese, sun-dried tomato pesto, and black olives then wrapped in salty bacon and pan-fried until crispy. Throw in a handful of pine nuts to toast at the end and dinner is served.
If you're thinking that maybe this Mediterranean chicken might be a tad too fussy for you to bother with, I need you to get that thought out of your head asap. It seriously couldn't be any easier to make.
Here's your Mediterranean chicken game plan:
- Put the chicken thighs into a bag then take a rubber mallet, meat tenderizer, or a rolling pin and tap on them until they have flattened out.
- Take the thighs out of the bag and put some sun-dried tomato pesto, feta cheese, and black olives in the middle of them then roll them up.
- Wrap the chicken thighs in bacon. Oh, ya!
- Pan-fry until crispy and cooked through.
- Eat your bacon filled heart out!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Easy Chicken Dinners:
- Best Grilled Chicken Breast
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Stuffed Spanish Pork Chops
- Cheesy Fajita Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Mediterranean Chicken
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, plus extra for serving
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 16 slices bacon, NOT thick-cut
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Parsley, for serving
- Place half the chicken thighs in a sturdy plastic bag and flatten them out with your hands. Using a rubber mallet, the flat side of a meat tenderizer, or a rolling pin, pound the chicken until it is ¼ inch thick. Remove from the bag and place the chicken on a baking sheet, outside (the smoother side) facing down. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Sprinkle with the pepper.8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the feta cheese, sun-dried tomato pesto and olives. Divide this mixture between the chicken thighs, placing it at one end of the chicken. Roll the chicken around the feta cheese mixture, placing the chicken back on the baking tray with the seam facing down. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each piece of chicken. Start by wrapping one piece end to end to seal off the open ends of the chicken. Wrap the other piece around the chicken lengthwise then place the chicken on the tray with the seam facing down.½ cup crumbled feta cheese, 3 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto, ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives, 16 slices bacon
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, turning the chicken occasionally, until the bacon is brown on all sides, about 15 minutes. Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to medium, and let the chicken continue to cook for another 15 minutes. Check on it a few times and turn the chicken if the bottom is getting too brown.
- Add the pine nuts to the pan with the chicken and let them toast for 1 minute. Serve the Mediterranean chicken with the toasted pine nuts, some parsley, and a little feta over top.¼ cup pine nuts