This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Green goddess chicken is juicy and deliciously flavorful. Chicken thighs are marinated in our favorite green goddess dressing and then quickly cooked in a pan. It's a healthy dinner recipe that's easy to make and big on flavor.
What is green goddess chicken?
I'm glad you asked! It is chicken that has been marinated in our favorite green goddess salad dressing then quickly seared in a pan. The acid in the marinade (apple cider vinegar) helps to tenderize the chicken which makes it super juicy.
And the marinade, especially what clings to the chicken and cooks in the pan, is unbelievably flavorful. Make sure to scrape the pan of any crispy bits after the chicken is cooked. They're delicious!
This chicken is:
- Easy to make
- Low carb, paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
How to make green goddess chicken?
We often keep a jar of green goddess salad dressing in our fridge, which makes making this chicken ridiculously easy. But don't worry, making the dressing (marinade) only involves putting the ingredients into your blender and turning it on.
- Blend the green goddess marinade ingredients in your blender.
- Pour most of the marinade over some chicken thighs and let them marinate in your fridge for an hour.
- Sear the chicken then drizzle the top with a little extra marinade.
I highly recommend making a double or triple batch of the marinade. It's delicious as a salad dressing and you'll want to eat it all week!
What to serve with green goddess chicken?
When we make this chicken, we always double or triple the marinade use the extra as a salad dressing. We like this recipe best served with a simple green salad tossed in green goddess dressing.
Here are a few other sides that go well:
- Greek Lemon Potatoes
- Crispy Herb Carrot Fries
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic
- Bacon Kale Caesar Salad
- Golden Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
Want more green goddess?
- Green Goddess Pizza
- Green Goddess Pasta Bowls
- Green Goddess Smoothie Bowl
- The Best Green Goddess Salad Dressing
Subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite healthy chicken recipes
- Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
- Creamy Pesto Chicken (dairy-free)
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry
- 20 Minute Cashew Chicken Zoodles
- 8 chicken boneless thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Green Goddess Marinade
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley (packed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (green part only)
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons miso paste (sub gluten-free soy sauce or coco aminos, as needed)
- 1 small garlic clove
- Begin by making the green goddess marinade. Combine the ingredients in your blender and blend on high until smooth. (see notes)⅓ cup fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 ½ tablespoons nutritional yeast, 1 ½ tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, 2 teaspoons tahini, 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons miso paste, 1 small garlic clove
- Place the chicken thighs in a medium-sized bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing then pour the rest over the chicken. Toss to coat then cover the bowl and put it into your fridge. Let the chicken marinate for 1-4 hours.
- Heat a large, non-stick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil then add the chicken. Discard any marinade that remains in the bowl.1 tablespoon olive oil, 8 chicken boneless thighs
- Cook the chicken for 6 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and serve with the reserved marinade drizzled over the top.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.