The Best Green Goddess Salad Dressing
This Green Goddess Salad Dressing is the best I've ever had. It also has no mayo or dairy and is full of healthy ingredients. It's vegan + paleo + gluten-free + totally delicious. I could eat it by the spoonful!
I need a moment while I devour green goddess dressing by the giant spoonful. I mean … while I lick the spoon off. Obvs. Who eats salad dressing by the spoonful?
Ok ok … I've never been good at lying. I have, many times, put spoonfuls of this in my mouth. It's true. It's just so good!
Please don't judge me.
There's a picture on my phone of the recipe from my handsome man's mom. It's handwritten with a recipe for Glory Bowl Dressing on one side and her Green Goddess Salad Dressing beside it. I spend far too much time scrolling through bazillions of photos just to find that one.
(Seriously, what am I ever going to do with all those pictures? Is your phone as out of control as mine?)
I love this green goddess dressing recipe for a couple of reasons:
- It's absolutely, out of this world, crazy delicious.
- Unlike most green goddess dressings out there, this one has no mayo or dairy. There's nothing but good for you, healthy ingredients here.
- It's versatile. When I'm not eating it by the spoonful or drizzling it over a salad, I spoon it onto fish, dip chicken or tofu in it and have even spread it on a sandwich.
- It takes 5 minutes to make, including clean up.
I know that calling something “The Best” is a big statement, but I'm going to say it, “this is the best green goddess salad dressing out there!”
When you scroll down to the recipe, you'll see that the list of ingredients is a little long. Don't be intimidated, though, you probably have most, or even all, in your kitchen.
The recipe is pretty forgiving, too. I typically just eyeball the ingredients, and it always works out great. There are two ingredients that you don't want to skip: the nutritional yeast and the tahini.
Nutritional yeast is often thought of as a vegan cheese replacement. It looks like large, yellow flakes and has a cheesy, nutty flavor. You can find it in most health food stores or online on Amazon. It's also great sprinkled on rice or popcorn.
Tahini is ground sesame paste. Think peanut butter but made out of sesame seeds. It adds a rich, nutty taste to anything you add it to. You can find it at most grocery stores or on Amazon.
PS. If you want your green goddess salad dressing to pour as it does in the picture below you'll have to thin it with some water. I don't think it needs to be thinned, though, unless you're trying to snap a pouring shot.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Other Amazing Salads and Dressing Recipes:
- Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
- Lifesaving Lemony Salad Dressing
- Cauliflower Salad with Avocado Pesto Salad
- Bacon Kale Caesar Salad
- Thai Chopped Salad with Sweet Sesame Mango Dressing
This green goddess salad dressing is the best I've ever had. It also has no mayo or dairy and is full of healthy ingredients. It's vegan + paleo + gluten-free + totally delicious. I could eat it by the spoonful!
- 1 cup fresh parsley, packed (if you have a high-powered blender you can use the stems and all. If you are using a regular blender, twist off the stems and use the leaves)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon miso paste (omit for paleo)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (sub coconut aminos for paleo)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- That's it!