In case you can't tell by this picture, this chicken salad bowl is amazeballs! ♡♡♡
Not going to lie, I kinda feel like screaming, “make this, make this, make this!” For serious though, can you please make this?
I'm pretty sure that somewhere on TEM I've mentioned that I LOVE to eat giant salads for dinner. I know, it's weird. The thing is I feel that all my excessive salad eating has earned me some sort of say as a salad expert. Like a salad aficionado. Oh man, if you're still sticking around after that one, you're awesome. And thank you.
Believe me, you want to stick around. This chicken salad bowl thing-y is as good as it gets. The chicken is all tender and sweet and BBQ-y delicious, the way chicken was meant to be.
And then there're all the other yummy bits that get tucked away between the greens so you get a little surprise with every mouthful … almonds, goat cheese, radishes, raspberries, basil, mint, tomatoes … it's new with every bite.
The real star of the show here is the dressing. You guys, I make salad dressing all the time and this one leaped all the way to 1st place favourite in about 2 seconds flat. It's sweet and tangy with just the right amount of tartness from the raspberries and a hint of basil in the background. It's also the prettiest salad dressing ever IMO. Just look at that colour!???
This giant chicken salad dinner bowl is also awesome 'cause you can totally customize it based on your tastes or what you have on hand.
- Don't have any almonds? Throw in some pecans!
- Got to a lonely carrot in your fridge? Grate it up and add it in!
- Love blueberries? Throw in a few handfuls?
- Don't like goat cheese? Try feta! Or go dairy free!
- Not a fan of mint? Try some dill!
No matter how you customize this one I just know you're going to love it. 🙂
If you make this BBQ Chicken Salad Bowl, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you recreate!Print
This chicken salad bowl is absolutely amazeballs. Seriously. There's so much flavour going on here, AND it's super healthy and easy to make too. Incredible!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons of your favourite BBQ sauce, or homemade BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sea salt
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Sliced radishes, raspberries and edible flowers, for garnish
For the raspberry basil vinaigrette:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed raspberries
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, packed (if you have a high-powered blender you can leave the stems on)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon neutral flavoured oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your BBQ to medium high. Oil the grate well.
- Toss the chicken chunks with 2 tablespoons of the BBQ sauce and honey and pop them on the BBQ. Grill them until dark grill marks appear and no pink remains in the middle, about 10 minutes, turning a few times. Brush them with the remaining 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce and sprinkle them with some sea salt.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the salad dressing. Put all the salad dressing ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Fill 2 bowls (or a small platter) with spinach leaves. Top with the BBQ chicken, tomatoes, mint and basil leaves, slivered almonds, goat cheese and garnishes. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.
The dressing and BBQ chicken can be made up to 2 days in advance.