The Best BBQ Sauce for Chicken
THIS. Yes this sweet, tangy, smoky and oh so tasty BBQ sauce that is perfect for chicken. Or perfect for nearly everything you want to taste like delicious BBQ.
If you have yet to make your own BBQ sauce, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to make. It involves 2 simple steps:
- Put all the ingredients into a pot
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes
And just like that you'll have better BBQ sauce than anything you'll find in a store.
Of course you can use this to marinate your chicken before you throw it on the grill, but there are so many other ways you can use this.
Here's a few ways I've used it (and plan on using it) this summer:
- Brush it onto veggies before you grill them
- Coat a portobello mushroom in this BBQ sauce, pop it on the grill then use it as a delicious meatless burger patty
- Pour it over chicken thighs and bake them in the oven.
- Sear a juicy steak and then add this BBQ sauce at the very end, just long enough to warm it up
- Mix a small spoonful into some ranch dressing and smother your burger buns in it
- Mix it into some mayonnaise and dip your French fries in it
- Add some to your potato salad for a smoky BBQ potato salad
- Simmer meatballs in it and serve them as an appetizer. Mmm BBQ meatballs!
If you make The Best BBQ Sauce for Chicken, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.Print
Seriously, this is the Best BBQ Sauce. It's sweet, tangy, smoky and oh so tasty. This BBQ Sauce is absolutely delicious on everything!
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 6 drops liquid smoke
- 1 large garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce*
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pot over medium high heat and whisk them together. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow the bbq sauce to cool before using or storing it.
*Worcestershire contains anchovies. Leave this out if you are vegan and using this for tofu or vegetables.