Best BBQ Sauce for Chicken
THIS. Yes, this sweet, tangy, smoky and oh so tasty BBQ sauce that is perfect for chicken. Or perfect for nearly everything you want to taste like delicious BBQ.
How to make the best BBQ sauce for chicken
- Put all the ingredients into a pot
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes
And just like that, you'll have better BBQ sauce than anything you'll find in a store. So easy!
Of course, you can use BBQ sauce to marinate your chicken before you throw it on the grill, but it has so many more uses.
Here are a few ways I've used this BBQ sauce
- Brush it onto veggies before you grill them.
- Coat a portobello mushroom in this BBQ sauce, pop it on the grill then use it as a delicious meatless burger patty.
- Pour it over chicken thighs and bake them in the oven.
- Sear a juicy steak and then add this BBQ sauce at the very end, just long enough to warm it up.
- Mix a small spoonful into some ranch dressing and smother your burger buns in it.
- Mix it into some mayonnaise and dip your French fries in it.
- Add some to your potato salad for a smoky BBQ potato salad.
- Simmer meatballs in it and serve them as an appetizer. Mmm BBQ meatballs!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!Print
Seriously, this is the Best BBQ Sauce. It's sweet, tangy, smoky and oh so tasty. This BBQ Sauce is absolutely delicious on everything!
- 1 cup ketchup (refined sugar-free, if needed)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 6 drops liquid smoke
- 1 large garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pot over medium high heat and whisk them together. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow the bbq sauce to cool before using or storing it.
Primal Kitchen is one brand that makes a refined sugar-free ketchup.