This Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Green Curry recipe is pure gold. It's healthy, delicious and ready to eat in under 30 minutes. So ya, it's basically the perfect dinner.
My sister (hi sista!) called to rave about this amazing pistachio crusted salmon she'd ordered. It was a few years ago, but I can still remember her going on and on about how amazing it was. This may be exactly like, or nothing like, the salmon she told me about.
The salmon is topped with some pistachios that you can either chop in your food processor or by hand. While the pistachio crusted salmon is roasting in the oven all you have to do is put the three ingredients for the sauce into a pan and let it boil for a few minutes.
To make this a full meal all you have to do is put some rice (or cauliflower rice!) on before you start, and then lightly steam a few Asian greens when the salmon is in the oven.
See how crazy easy that was? You've totally got this.
Do you have a go-to quick and easy meal you make when you get home late, are exhausted, and you just. can't. do. it? Mine is always Thai curry, red or green. Coconut milk and Thai curry paste are always always in my pantry. I'll round up whatever veggies I can find in my fridge, throw them in a pot with the coconut milk and curry paste and then collapse on the couch for 20 minutes till it's done. That happened twice this week. It's not glamorous, but it's delicious and feels like a hug in a bowl.
This pistachio crusted salmon is a slightly fancier version of my usual curry. What it lacks in the hug-in-a-bowl department it makes up for by being so pretty on the plate. Don't you think it looks so pretty?
You could easily make this dish for company. Lay some grilled carrots or asparagus in the green curry pool and top them with the salmon. Or keep it simple and serve a salad on the side.
Or forget company and serve this to yourself after a long day. Heck, go ahead and drown the pecan crusted salmon in the Thai curry sauce. It's not a beauty contest and no one's judging. 🙂
If you make this Pistachio Crusted Salmon make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 - 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (gluten-free or coco aminos for paleo or Whole30, if needed)
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 side of salmon, or 4 fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring the coconut milk, Thai green curry paste and soy sauce to a boil in a small pot. Lower the heat and let it simmer gently, uncovered, whisking occasionally, until it reduces to 1 cup.
- Chop the pistachios by hand or using a small food processor. Lay the salmon, skin side down, on the prepared baking sheet and cover with the pistachios, pressing them firmly into the salmon so that they stick. Drizzle the top of the salmon with the oil. Bake the salmon for 15 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees and is soft and just barely starts to flake.
- Make a pool of the green curry sauce on 4 plates and top with the pistachio crusted salmon.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Fresh Pineapple Margaritas with Sweet and Spicy Rim Salt - May 25, 2017
- Pan Fried Chicken and Mushrooms with Creamy Cauliflower Mash - May 23, 2017
- Lifesaving Lemony Salad Dressing - May 19, 2017