I grew up spending my birthday dinners at Kelly O Bryan’s. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s one of those family restaurants that give you a free meal on your birthday. Not exactly fancy but I can’t help but love it. Actually, what I love is their Pachos. Seriously, they’re the best things EVER.
If you’ve never had Pachos, don’t worry, with this recipe you can easily make your own. I have to warn you though: they are VERY addictive. I *might* have made a whole batch of this Emerald Isle Dipping Sauce three days ago and it *might* already be gone. Don’t judge me till you try it! The original recipe is made with waffle fries, but curly fries are just as delicious.
The dipping sauce that is served with Pachos is officially called Emerald Isle Sauce, but anyone I know refers to it simply as Pacho Sauce. This Pacho Sauce Recipe comes from Mama Wheel and it was her mother who is the genius who created the recipe. So please stop by Mama Wheel and thank her mother for letting us all eat Pachos whenever we feel like it!
If you make these Cheesy Fries with Emerald Isle Dipping Sauce, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 1 package curly or waffle fries (if eating gluten free is important for you make sure you check the package first)
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, sliced into rounds
- 1½ cups Miracle whip (DO NOT use Hellman's as it won't taste the same)
- 1½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the package of fries according to package directions. When the fries are finished cooking remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with cheddar cheese. Return them to the oven for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- While the fries are cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix until well combined. Store in a covered jar in the fridge until ready to use.
- Pile the fries on a large plate, layering with green onions. Serve the Emerald Isle Sauce on the side.
- Dig in!
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Spicy Kung Pao Chicken - May 27, 2016
- Sun Dried Tomato and Feta Quinoa Casserole - May 24, 2016
- Cinnamon Scented Vegetarian Crock Pot Moroccan Tagine - May 20, 2016