Pachos with Emerald Isle Dipping Sauce
This Emerald Isle Dipping Sauce (Pacho Sauce!) will magically disappear before your eyes. Add some cheese fries and you have the ultimate indulgence. This is the best fry sauce ever!
I grew up spending my birthday dinners at Kelly O Bryan's. If you haven't heard of it, it's one of those family restaurants that give you a free meal on your birthday. Not exactly fancy but I can't help but love it. Actually, what I love is their Pachos. Seriously, they're the best things EVER.
Pachos are waffle fries that are covered in melted cheddar cheese, sprinkled with green onions, and served with a magical fry sauce called Emerald Isle Sauce.
The only problem with going to the restaurant is that they never give you enough pacho sauce. When you make them at home that is never a problem!
If you've never had Pachos, don't worry, with this recipe you can easily make your own. I have to warn you though: they are VERY addictive. I *might* have made a whole batch of this Emerald Isle Dipping Sauce three days ago and it *might* already be gone. Don't judge me till you try it! The original recipe is made with waffle fries, but curly fries are just as delicious.
The dipping sauce that is served with Pachos is officially called Emerald Isle Sauce, but anyone I know refers to it simply as Pacho Sauce. This Pacho Sauce Recipe comes from Mama Wheel and it was her mother who is the genius who created the recipe. So please stop by Mama Wheel and thank her mother for letting us all eat Pachos whenever we feel like it!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Delicious French Fries Recipes
- Loaded Food Truck Mexican Nacho Fries
- Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Blue Cheese Dip
- Garlic Dill French Fries with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce
- Baked Rosemary Parmesan Shoestring Fries
- Skinny Sweet Potato Harissa Fries
Cheesy Fries with Emerald Isle Dipping Sauce
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 package curly or waffle fries, gluten-free, if needed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, sliced into rounds
Emerald Isle Sauce
- 1 ½ cups Miracle Whip, DO NOT use Hellman's as it won't taste the same
- 1 ½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground basil
- ½ teaspoon ground tarragon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the package of fries according to package directions. When the fries are finished cooking remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with cheddar cheese. Return them to the oven for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.1 package curly or waffle fries, ½ cup cheddar cheese
- While the fries are cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until well combined. Store in a covered jar in the fridge until ready to use.1 ½ cups Miracle Whip, 1 ½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard, ¼ cup white vinegar, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon ground basil, ½ teaspoon ground tarragon, ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
To serve the fries
- Pile the fries on a large plate, layering with green onions. Serve the Emerald Isle Sauce on the side.3 green onions