This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Creamy Avocado Sauce is super flavorful and easily made in your blender. It's the perfect avocado sauce for tacos and delicious on chicken, fish, scrambled eggs, or as a dip.
Also, try our fish taco sauce!
Want a recipe for the most kick-ass, insanely delicious guacamole sauce? I had a feeling you did!
This is a recipe I've been making for years that I originally called Ají Guacamole. (Ají meaning a spicy sauce.)
I've now given it the super fancy name Creamy Avocado Sauce. What we should really call it is The Best Sauce for Tacos and Absolutely Everything Else You Eat. It's a bit of a mouthful to say, but it really is the best and you'll want to eat it on absolutely everything.
Also, try our wonderfully simple guacamole recipe!
What is avocado sauce?
It's the best thing ever! #nojoke
This avocado sauce recipe is like a dip, a sauce, and a bowl of guacamole got together and magic happened. It's a little like all of those things and somehow better than each on their own.
It's smooth and creamy and bursting with fresh flavors and as spicy as you want to make it.
How do you make avocado sauce for tacos?
It's the easiest thing ever! #alsonojoke
- Pull out your blender or food processor. The avocado sauce in the pictures was made in my Vitamix, but a regular blender works just as well.
- Put the ingredients into your blender and turn it on.
That's it! You've just made yourself the best guacamole sauce recipe ever.
How to serve this guacamole sauce?
I'm glad you asked! First, you'll want to eat a spoonful. Joking/not joking.
While it's ideal for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and all of your fav Mexican food, it's good for so much more. We've eaten it on:
- Scrambled and fried eggs
- Baked fish
- Roast chicken
- As a salad dressing
- Tossed with cabbage for coleslaw
- As a dip with veggies
- Drizzled over pork carnitas
- Spread inside sandwiches and wraps
- By the spoonful. (Just in case you missed that part.)
And do you remember when I made those Baja Fish Tacos? They were smothered in this creamy avocado sauce.
More delicious guacamole recipes:
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup cilantro (packed)
- ¼ cup water
- ½ medium white onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ jalapeño (deseeded for less heat)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor.1 ripe avocado, ½ cup cilantro, ½ medium white onion, 1 clove garlic, Juice from 1 lime, ½ jalapeño, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Blend on high until smooth. If it's too thick, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.