Sweet and Sour Sriracha Chicken
See all that sweet sticky looking sauce? Shortly after taking these pictures, I was covered in it. Seriously, you'd think I was a two year old with the amount of sweet and sour sauce over my face and hands. It wasn't pretty but man it was good. And it's not just any old sweet and sour sauce; this is SRIRACHA sweet and sour sauce. Of course, you know that since I'm sure you read the title of this post but I just couldn't help but write it again.
Are you as crazy in love with sriracha as I am? We go through a rather ridiculous amount of the stuff around here. My handsome man made a huge batch for Christmas, gave a bunch of it away as gifts and since then we've managed to eat all but about 2 tablespoons of the rest. I start to panic when we're running this low. Must. Go. Buy. More. Now!
I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I have this love/ hate thing with chicken. Mostly I hate it. Boneless, skinless, flavorless, gross chicken breasts? Ugh … no thank you. But keep the bones in, the skin on and smother it with syrupy sweet and sticky sauce and I'm all over it. Let's be honest though: the chicken here is really just a vehicle to get more of the sauce in my mouth. I
would have did use my fingers to scrape up the rest of the sauce once the chicken ran out.
Man, I'm not painting a very good picture of myself right now. 🙂
Anyway, what I am really trying to say is that you should make these, like, tonight. Or, even better, right now.
If you make this Sweet and Sour Sriracha Chicken, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.Print
This Sweet and Sour Sriracha Chicken is absolutely amazing. This sticky sweet and sour recipe is so delicious when you add sriracha!
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 ½ teaspoons sriracha (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Place the chicken drumsticks in a small ovenproof dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sea salt.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Set the oven to broil and move the chicken to the top oven rack. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and brown.
- Remove from the oven and scrape the sauce from the dish to serve on the side.