This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy to make Blueberry Coleslaw is loaded with sweet blueberries (fresh or frozen!) and dotted with crunchy chopped almonds. It's a delicious and healthy side dish recipe.
The sun is shining and I've got the perfect picnic-ready side dish for you! ☀️
This blueberry coleslaw is all things crunchy and delicious. I've kept the cauliflower and broccoli raw, partly because I wanted you to be able to make this as a quick and healthy side dish. → Think roast sheet pan chicken, a few potatoes, and this blueberry coleslaw. ←
But I also wanted to up the crunch factor to contrast with those sweet, soft blueberries. Mmm mmm.
Want to know what's extra awesome about those blueberries? You don't need to wait till blueberry season, you can use frozen blueberries. Wait, what?
Seriously, it's a get your blueberry on in fall/winter/spring trick. Just pour the frozen blueberries from the bag, toss with the rest of the coleslaw, and by the time you get to the table they will have unthawed. The few that will stay a little frozen for 10 mins or so are still delicious to eat.
Your blueberry coleslaw game plan
This recipe is so easy that it hardly requires a game plan. But I know what it's like to head into your kitchen after a long day when your brain has already gone into going to sleep mode and even easy requires some help.
♡ Toast your almonds. Ie: turn on your oven, put the chopped almonds on a baking sheet, and let them hang out in your hot oven for 6-7 minutes.
♡ Put the broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, blueberries, and toasted almonds into a bowl.
♡ Whisk the easy dressing, pour over the blueberry coleslaw and toss.
See how easy that was?
Enjoy your blueberry filled weekend, my friends!
If you make this Broccoli, Cauliflower, Blueberry Coleslaw make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 cup roasted almonds (chopped)
- 2 cups EACH: chopped broccoli, cauliflower, and purple cabbage
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Add the almonds, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and blueberries to a large bowl.2 cups EACH: chopped broccoli, cauliflower, and purple cabbage, 1 ½ cups blueberries, 1 cup roasted almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients and season with salt and pepper.¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoons maple syrup or honey, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, Sea salt and black pepper
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss to coat.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.