This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This banana bread smoothie tastes just like our favorite treat! It's frozen bananas, rolled oats, Greek yogurt, and warm spices blended together until smooth. It's a delicious on-the-go breakfast smoothie for busy mornings, and it's ready in just 5 minutes.
If you're like us and can't get enough of banana bread, don't miss our banana bread ice cream!
Enjoy all the classic flavors of banana bread in the form of a healthy breakfast smoothie! This banana bread smoothie is creamy, rich, and perfectly spiced.
Most of us have our go-to smoothies, but sometimes we need to switch them up. This banana bread smoothie is sneaky because it's totally healthy but tastes like a treat.
With ingredients like rolled oats and Greek yogurt, this is a great post-workout smoothie that will keep you fuelled all morning long.
You don't need to pull out your baking supplies or wait an hour to enjoy the taste of classic banana bread. Just toss all the smoothie ingredients into your blender and it's ready in just five minutes.
You can easily add vanilla protein powder for an extra protein boost. If you like a sweeter smoothie, add a couple of dates, some honey, or a little maple syrup to the blender.
It's a convenient breakfast you can sip on while you do your morning routine, or pack it to go for a healthier start to your day.
Banana bread smoothie ingredient notes
The ingredients for this banana bread smoothie are quite simple. Here's everything you need:
- Frozen bananas – frozen bananas are the secret to an extra creamy smoothie. We always buy an extra bunch, leave them on the counter until they're spotty, then freeze them for quick and easy anytime smoothies!
- Milk – any kind of milk or non-dairy milk alternative works like almond milk, soy milk, or even coconut milk.
- Rolled oats – rolled oats give this smoothie texture and substance. Use gluten-free oats if needed.
- Greek yogurt – we love Greek yogurt because it's high in protein and keeps us feeling fuller for longer. Use a dairy-free alternative like coconut yogurt instead, if needed.
- Vanilla extract – the sweet, floral taste of vanilla adds a bit of depth to this smoothie.
- Ground cinnamon – cinnamon is the only spice we use, but a pinch of other warm spices like nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves taste great, too.
- Sea salt – sea salt helps enhance the other flavors, but it actually helps keep your body hydrated as well. It's optional, so you can leave it out if you're avoiding added salt.
- Cinnamon or peanut butter – a sprinkle of cinnamon or a swirl of natural peanut butter, to serve.
How to make a banana bread smoothie
This banana bread smoothie has all the classic banana bread flavors we love. It's convenient and makes a quick and healthy breakfast on the go. Let's make one!
- Toss all the ingredients together in your blender. While a high-speed blender works best, a regular blender will do the trick. Just know that the smoothie won't be quite as creamy if you use a regular blender
- Now, blend your smoothie on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour it into glasses and top it with a little peanut butter or cinnamon. Yum!
Do I need a high-speed blender to make it?
We do recommend a high-speed blender when using frozen fruit like bananas. You can use a regular blender, but it will struggle to break up the frozen bananas and oats. If you use a regular blender, just know that the smoothie may not be completely smooth.
How long does it keep at room temperature?
If you're packing this smoothie to-go, it should be consumed within 2 hours if kept at room temperature.
I don't have frozen bananas. What can I use instead?
If you only have fresh bananas, add a handful of ice to your blender. This will chill the smoothie and help thicken it.
If you like banana bread, try one of these recipes
- 2 medium bananas (peeled, sliced, and frozen)
- 1 cup milk (or plant-based milk)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt for dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Cinnamon or peanut butter (to serve)
- Add all the ingredients to your blender.2 medium bananas, 1 cup milk, ½ cup rolled oats, ½ cup greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 pinch salt
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with a little sprinkle of cinnamon or a drizzle of peanut butter over top.Cinnamon or peanut butter
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.