Green Breakfast Smoothie
Starting your day with a healthy Green Breakfast Smoothie is a great way to get energized and feel awesome. This one is healthy and tasty … a winning combo!
This is how I start my day. Like … Every. Single. Day. It might seem a bit boring to eat (or actually, to drink) the same thing every day, but I'm telling you, it's the best.
You see, I'm not much of a wake up and eat a huge meal first thing in the morning kind of person. And let's be honest, who really has the time to make and eat a big healthy breakfast every single morning. Not me! But I still like to start my day with something healthy in my belly.
I started making smoothies a few years ago and to say they've changed my morning life is a bit of an understatement. I have a ton more energy in the morning now that I drink 128 servings of fruits and veggies before 10 am (Ok, that's a bit of an exaggeration; it's more like 7 servings.) I also stay full for a long time so often a light lunch is all I need to keep me going strong until dinner. And it takes me all of about 5 minutes to make and clean up and I can drink it as I'm getting ready.
Have I sold you on this whole drink-a-bunch-of-veggies-for-breakfast thing yet? If I haven't, it's probably because you're thinking, “this can't possibly taste good!” Right? Well, it really does taste great. You don't taste the kale or spinach at all. Once the whole thing is blended together it tastes like a yummy fruit smoothie.
The BEST things about starting my day with a green breakfast smoothie:
- I get all of my daily fruits and veggies in one serving (yay!)
- It gives me tons of energy that lasts throughout the day
- It takes me only 5 minutes to make and clean up
- It keeps me full until lunch
- It's super crazy healthy
- It tastes great
- It's easy to drink even if you're not a breakfast kind of person
I do have to be honest with you: this smoothie is best made with a high-powered blender. I know I know, I wish I could say that it would work in any blender, but the truth is it just won't. If you have a regular blender I would leave out the apple and you'll have to expect to see a few bits of kale and spinach.
Oh … and if you are making this for kids who are afraid of their greens try using purple kale so it will look a little more fruit-like. I fed it to my 4-year-old nephew and, as long as he didn't watch me make it, he drank lots of it.
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes:
- Detox Orange Ginger Turmeric Smoothie
- Tropical Sunshine Make Ahead Smoothies
- Hot Pink Chia Berry Smoothie
- Coconut and Raw Beet Smoothie
- Mocha Nut Smoothie Bowl
Green Breakfast Smoothie
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 cups spinach or kale leaves
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 medium banana
- ½ apple, cored
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts, sub flax seeds or chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- Put all ingredients in a high-powered blender.2 cups spinach or kale leaves, 2 cups pineapple, 1 medium banana, ½ apple, 2 tablespoons hemp hearts, 2 cups water
- Blend for 1 minute and then drink up your yummy greens!