Mocha Smoothie Bowl
This feel good Winter Smoothie Bowl tastes like a chocolate mocha coffee in smoothie form. Made with frozen bananas and protein-packed almond butter, it is a rich and delicious way to start your morning or have an afternoon pick me up.
Mocha Smoothie Bowl
Two bowls filled with that chocolate/ coffee combo we like to call mocha then sprinkled with more chocolate and a little coconut, just for good measure. Oh helllllo, you treat of my dreams. This is so where we're going today.
Only we're calling it breakfast and making no apologies.
No one should ever apologize for chocolate. Or coffee. Or starting the day with something that tastes like dessert but manages to plant itself firmly in the health food department.
What you're looking at I'm calling a Winter Mocha Smoothie Bowl, but if it were summer I'd call it the best nice cream around.
Turns out that bananas + coffee + chocolate is the best combination ever.
Here's how you're going to get into this Mocha Smoothie Bowl:
- Make some extra morning coffee and put a mug of it in your fridge.
- Put some frozen bananas, that chilled coffee, and some cocoa and almond butter into your blender. If you're feeling like an extra treat, pour in a little maple syrup. Hey! Why not? It's your breakfast and you should have it just the way you like it.
- Blend. Blend. Blend.
- Sit back with a giant smile on your face as you eat/ slurp your way through the best breakfast ever.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Smoothie Recipes
- Green Goddess Smoothie Bowl
- Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Detox Orange Ginger Turmeric Smoothie
- Hot Pink Chia Berry Smoothie
- Skinny Coconut Mango Smoothie
- Pretty Coconut and Raw Beet Smoothie
- Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
Mocha Smoothie Bowl
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup almond butter, can sub peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup cold coffee
- Optional: maple syrup, to taste
- Optional toppings: slivered almonds, shaved chocolate, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, coconut milk, cocoa powder, and rose petals
- Add the frozen bananas, almond butter, cocoa powder, cold coffee, and ice cubes to your high-powered blender (I love my Vitamix) and blend on high until smooth. Taste and add maple syrup, if you'd like.2 frozen bananas, ¼ cup almond butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 cup cold coffee, Optional: maple syrup
- Pour into 2 bowls and top with any or all of the optional toppings.Optional toppings: slivered almonds, shaved chocolate, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, coconut milk, cocoa powder, and rose petals
Thanks for sharing this lovely smoothie ☺️☺️, i want to actually do that smoothie but i dont know where to get cold coffee from. Is it like normal coffee mixed with cold water or is it cold coffee that we have to buy from shops. I will be waiting for your answer ☺️☺️ Thank you again.
Hi Zaina. Good question! Cold coffee is just regular brewed hot coffee that has been allowed to cool. If you’re a coffee drinker, just make a little extra in the morning and pop it in your fridge until it’s cool. You don’t have to wait for it to be completely cold for the recipe to work, just make sure it’s not hot. 🙂
Haha I can so relate to trying to figure the mom thing! Isn’t it crazy what they manage to get their hands on? A little while ago my husband put our daughter in her rocker without the seatbelt and I found her on the floor playing with a screwdriver!
This recipe looks delicious! Totally my kind of breakfast. I love all of those delicious flavours in there, like my favourite Starbucks drink in a bowl 🙂
Ha ha that is hilarious! It’s so crazy how quickly they manage to get around when they can’t even walk!
I love smoothie bowls (especially in the summer), but yours simply had two of my favorite things. Coffee and chocolate together is the best combo ever!
Me too! All I could think was, “omg I’m eating ice cream for breakfast” when I was eating it. So not complaining!