I'd like to introduce you to my newest, latest obsession: this orange creamsicle smoothie. He rocks my world. We've been hanging out over breakfast, having the odd lunch date and even meeting up for the odd quick mid-afternoon snack. I can't seem to get enough. ♥♥♥
The smoothies I usually spend time with are the complete opposite of this tasty orange treat. I tend to get a little carried away with kale and chai and all the other latest super foods that I can blend up. They're usually some creepy greenish brown colour and taste about as good as they look. I am being a bit dramatic, they're usually not that bad but they're not that great either.
This smoothie on the other hand ….
This one's light and fresh, creamy and tangy, sweet and refreshing. I've thrown in some hemp, flax or chia seeds just for good measure but other than that I've tried to leave it alone. No trying to make him into some super-powered healthiest ever smoothie; he's perfect just as he is.
I use a Vitamix for all my smoothies but any high-powered blender will work great. I have a feeling that with a regular blender you might end up with chunks of orange in your drink, which might not be a terrible thing.
Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Smoothie Recipes
- Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Detox Orange Ginger Turmeric Smoothie
- Hot Pink Chia Berry Smoothie
- Skinny Coconut Mango Smoothie
- Pretty Coconut and Raw Beet Smoothie
- Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
This Orange Creamsicle Smoothie is light and fresh, creamy and tangy, sweet and refreshing. It is perfect for breakfast, lunch or a snack!
- 1 large naval orange
- 1 large frozen banana (or a fresh banana plus 4 ice cubes)
- 1 tablespoon hemp, flax or chia seeds
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup orange juice or water
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until very smooth, about 30 seconds.