This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This healthy pear smoothie is perfect for busy mornings. It's creamy bananas, juicy pear, your favorite milk, and a hint of vanilla and cinnamon blended up until smooth. It's simple to make, and it's ready in just 5 minutes!
We're giving you yet another reason to start your day the healthy way with this creamy pear smoothie recipe. It's satisfying and flavorful, and with an added scoop of collagen or protein powder, it'll keep you fuelled all morning long.
It's the perfect way to use up an abundance of pears when they're in season in the fall, but it's also just a delicious alternative to berry and green smoothies.
Making it couldn't be easier. Just toss all the ingredients in your high-speed blender, and blend until smooth. Pour it into glasses and sprinkle the tops with some cinnamon. That's it!
This is a simple recipe, and there are endless variations you can try like adding spinach, ginger, chia seeds, and even cocoa powder to make it your own.
Blend it up on busy mornings, and pack any extra in a mason jar for a healthy snack on the go. It's a great way to get in an extra dose of fruit, and the little ones love it, too!
How to make a pear smoothie
Pear smoothies are perfect for busy mornings, or as a healthy snack any time of day. If you have a blender, it's super easy to make in just three simple steps:
- Add all the ingredients to your blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with cinnamon. Yum!
Pear smoothie ingredients
With only a few simple ingredients, you can make this pear smoothie, too! Here's everything you need:
- Pear + banana – this is a perfect opportunity to use up your ripe pears and bananas. They add more sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. Frozen fruit works well, too.
- Cinnamon – for a bit of sweetness and spice.
- Vanilla extract – the delicate and slightly floral taste of vanilla is a perfect flavor match and actually helps to enhance the other flavors of the smoothie.
- Milk – any type of dairy or alternative milk works, like almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk.
- Ice cubes – to create a smooth, thick, chilly smoothie. If you're using frozen pear or banana, you can reduce or omit it.
- Collagen or protein powder – these are optional but they are an easy way to add a boost of protein and make this smoothie more satiating. If you use a vanilla protein powder, you can omit the vanilla extract.
What are the best types of pears to use?
You want to use a pear that becomes soft when ripe like anjou, bartlett, or even comice. While bosc pears are delicious, they won't soften and will give the smoothie an undesirable texture.
Can I use frozen pears and bananas?
Yes! Frozen pears and bananas work great in this smoothie recipe and will give it a thicker, creamier texture. If you use frozen fruit, you can reduce the amount of ice that you use, or omit it entirely.
How to freeze pears for smoothies?
Pears are really easy to freeze. When they're ripe, simply cut them into slices or wedges and lay them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze them until solid and then transfer them to an airtight container (this prevents them from sticking together). Store the frozen pears in your freezer for up to 8 months!
Pear smoothie variations
This banana pear smoothie recipe is really versatile so you can tweak the ingredients and make it your own. We sometimes add chia seeds or hemp seeds, nut butter, Greek yogurt, or even a large handful of spinach or kale.
Here are a few of our favorite variations:
- Make it a chocolate pear smoothie by adding a couple of tablespoons of cocoa or cacao powder.
- Add some grated fresh ginger for a bit of zing and all the anti-inflammatory benefits.
- If you like a sweeter smoothie, add a bit of honey or maple syrup.
- 1 medium pear
- 1 medium banana (peeled)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk (of choice)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop collagen or protein powder (optional)
- Add the ingredients to your blender.1 medium pear, 1 medium banana, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon vanilla, ½ cup milk, 1 cup ice, 1 scoop collagen or protein powder
- Blend on high speed until smooth. If you'd like a thinner smoothie, add a little more milk.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.