Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This peanut butter banana smoothie is quick and easy to make, healthy, and super delicious. It tastes like a peanut butter milkshake but is made with only healthy ingredients and is perfect for breakfast on the go!
Peanut butter banana smoothie
There are few better ways to start your day than with a peanut butter banana smoothie.
The sweet and creamy smoothie tastes like you're treating yourself to dessert for breakfast. It's hard to believe that it's made with only healthy ingredients.
If you're a fan of the classic banana peanut combo, you'll LOVE this recipe!
How to make a peanut butter banana smoothie
Smoothie recipes are generally pretty easy, and this one is no exception.
- Put the ingredients into your blender.
- Blend on high until it is deliciously smooth and creamy.
Full recipe in the recipe card below.
Is it better to use fresh or frozen bananas?
Frozen bananas work best in this recipe. They will make the smoothie creamy and thick, just the way you want it.
But if you only have fresh bananas, you can still make the recipe; You'll simply need to add a handful of ice to your blender.
Note: If you have a regular blender (vs a high-powered blender) then you may end up with little bits of ice in your smoothie, which is why using frozen bananas works the best.
Is this a healthy peanut butter smoothie?
Yes! The ingredients in this recipe are all very healthy. While it tastes like a decadent treat, it's as healthy as a breakfast recipe can get!
We don't use any sugar in this recipe as bananas are naturally very sweet. But to turn this into a dessert smoothie, you can add a date or two for extra sweetness.
Can I make this peanut butter banana smoothie ahead of time?
Smoothies tend to get a bit weird if they're made ahead of time.
Luckily, this peanut butter banana smoothie recipe takes less than 5-minutes to make so you can whip it up on a busy weekday morning!
Peanut butter smoothie variations
- Strawberry – think PB&J sandwich in a smoothie form.
- Raspberry – if you're a raspberry jam fan.
- Chocolate – turn it into a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie by adding a spoonful of cocoa powder!
- Green power – add in a handful of spinach or kale. It won't look very pretty, but you'll get an extra boost of veggies and it will taste just as delicious.
- Coconut – swap the water for coconut milk for a delicious treat!
Popular banana smoothie recipes
- Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Mocha Smoothie Bowl
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 frozen bananas, see notes
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, all-natural works best
- ¼ – ½ cup water or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- Add the ingredients to your blender, starting with ¼ cup of water or milk.2 frozen bananas, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, ¼ – ½ cup water or milk of choice, 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. If you want a thinner smoothie, add the remaining ¼ cup of water or milk and blend again.