This mango smoothie is made with fresh or frozen mangos, banana, and some coconut milk. It's a sweet, creamy, and delicious smoothie that tastes like summer.
We're big fans of smoothies here. They check all the boxes for us: easy to make, delicious, and healthy. This mango smoothie is one of our favorites. It tastes like the carefree days of summer when the sun shines down and all troubles melt away.
The natural sweetness of the mango makes this smoothie border on dessert; It's a real treat. Sometimes we make this with frozen mangoes and a frozen banana. The result is a super thick smoothie that you can eat with a spoon. It's delicious!
How to make a mango smoothie
Smoothies are generally pretty easy to make, and this mango version is no different. Here's what you're going to do. Are you ready for it?
- Put the ingredients into your blender and turn it on.
Phew … that was a lot of work! Juuust joking. You can adjust the amount of water you add based on your preference for a thinner or thicker smoothie. We start by adding a ½ cup of water and sometimes add a little more to make it easier to drink.
Are fresh or frozen mangos best?
Both work great in this recipe. Here's the thing, if you use frozen mango and a frozen banana the smoothie will be very thick and you'll likely want to add some extra water. If you use both fruits fresh, you'll want to add some ice cubes to chill and thicken the smoothie.
We find that it works best to use a fresh banana (which we always have on hand) and frozen mango (which we rarely have on hand). But don't let that stop you from making this recipe; use what you have in your kitchen.
Mango smoothie variations
While we love our version of a mango smoothie as the mango flavor really shines, it's also fun to switch things up. To try any of these variations, make our recipe and add one of these additions:
- Mango strawberry smoothie – ½ cup strawberries
- Mango pineapple smoothie – ½ cup pineapple (pineapple juice is great to thin the smoothie!)
- Mango peach smoothie – 1 pitted and peeled peach
- Mango spinach smoothie – ½ packed cup of spinach
- Mango blueberry smoothie – ½ cup of blueberries
- Mango avocado smoothie – 1 peeled and pitted avocado
Love mango recipes?
Here are a few of our most popular mango recipes:
- Mango Chicken Curry
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce
- Thai Chopped Salad with Sweet Sesame Mango Dressing
- Sweet and Sticky Mango Chutney Chicken
- Thai Fish Cakes with Mango Avocado Salsa
Popular smoothie recipes
- Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
- Mocha Smoothie Bowl
- Hot Pink Chia Berry Smoothie
- Raw Beet Smoothie with Coconut and Blueberries
- Kiwi Smoothie
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen mango
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- ½ cup cold water, see notes
- Place the ingredients into your blender and blend on high until smooth.2 cups diced fresh or frozen mango, 1 fresh or frozen banana, 1 cup canned light coconut milk, ½ cup cold water
- Add more cold water, as needed, if you'd like a thinner smoothie.