Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
Start your day the right way with this Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie Recipe. It's packed full of frozen berries, banana, and some hemp seeds and almond butter to help keep you full. There's even a little spinach in here, but you'll never taste it. It's delicious!
Who loves starting their day with a healthy and delicious smoothie? I picture hands raising all over this world. This almond butter smoothie is about to become your new favorite!
At least 50% of why I love smoothies so much is the mindlessness of them. Throw a few things in your blender, turn it on, and breakfast is made.
In less than 5 minutes you can have a sweet and delicious berry smoothie ready to carry around the house with you as you get ready in the morning. AND it's chock full of fruit, veggies, and just enough healthy fats to keep you full. It's a serious win.
Why you'll love this almond butter smoothie
- It's sweet from all the berries. Read: no added sugar!
- Almond butter and hemp seeds give it more than 12 grams of protein to keep you full all morning.
- There's a handful of spinach hiding in here but it doesn't taste like a green smoothie.
- It's a healthy vegan + paleo + gluten-free breakfast.
- Perfect for filling up on fruits and veggies without feeling like you just ate half of your daily minimum.
My brain takes a while to turn on in the morning. Sound familiar? I used to have one of those jobs where I would have to get up far too early in the am, run around the house getting ready like some sort of early morning zombie woman, then try to pretend for the next few hours that I wasn't really still sleeping in my head. I wish I had known about the amazing power of smoothies then.
The best part about smoothies is how they are so easy
- They're easy to make
- They're easy to drink
- They make it easy to eat (err, drink) lots of fruits and veggies
- They make it super easy to be healthy
How to make a mixed a mixed berry smoothie
Making a berry smoothie takes two simple steps. Are you ready for this:
- Put the ingredients into your blender.
- Turn on your blender.
A high powered blender (like a Vitamix) will give you a super creamy smoothie. But a regular blender will work just fine.
What do you put in a berry smoothie?
- Berries! I often buy a mixed blend bag that has strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries in it. But you can make your own mix.
- Some sort of protein. You can use peanut butter instead of almond butter. Or swap the hemp hearts for chia seeds or flax seeds. (If you use chia or flax make sure to drink your smoothie right away as they will thicken it.)
- A banana. I always add a banana to my smoothies as it makes them creamier and adds a lot of natural sweetness.
- Greens. Not a ton as this isn't a green smoothie. But adding a handful of spinach or kale is a great way to boost the nutrition.
- Water. I avoid eating dairy as much as possible so I would never add milk to a smoothie. Water works just as well and is much healthier!
I like to keep my freezer stocked with bags of frozen berries, greens, and bananas. When bananas start to get a little too ripe on my counter, I'll peel them and put them in a bag in my freezer. And if any of my salad greens start to wilt, I'll pop them in the freezer and use them for smoothies instead.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Smoothie Recipes
- Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Detox Orange Ginger Turmeric Smoothie
- Hot Pink Chia Berry Smoothie
- Skinny Coconut Mango Smoothie
- Pretty Coconut and Raw Beet Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 cup of mixed frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, divided
- 1 cup water
- Combine the mixed frozen berries, almond butter, spinach, banana, 1 tablespoon of the hemp seeds and the water in your blender. Blend on high until very smooth. If needed, add extra water to thin.1 cup of mixed frozen berries, 1 tablespoon almond butter, ½ cup spinach, 1 banana, 1 cup water
- Pour into a large glass and top with the extra tablespoon of hemp seeds.