Vanilla Almond Granola
Vanilla almond granola is a wonderful blend of rolled oats and almonds with lots of delicious vanilla flavor. It's a sweet, sticky, and crunchy granola that is easy to make and tastes so much better than store-bought!
Try serving this granola with our homemade coconut yogurt!
Vanilla almond granola
We almost always have a bag of homemade granola in our pantry. That's because once you start making your own granola, it's pretty hard to go back to store-bought.
The ingredients in homemade granola are so much better when you make it at home, and you get full control over the flavors. This vanilla almond granola is a favorite. The flavors of vanilla and almond go so well with the sweet and crunchy oats. It's perfect with yogurt or milk in the morning.
How to make vanilla almond granola
Homemade granola is surprisingly easy to make and it always tastes so much better than anything you can buy in the store.
- Start by mixing rolled oats and almonds in a large bowl.
- Next, whisk the honey, oil, vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon, and salt then pour this over the oats and mix until all the oats are coated in the sweetness.
- You'll bake the oats on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (so they don't stick to the bottom) for about 45 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Once the oats have toasted and your house smells amazing, take the granola out of the oven and let it cool on your counter.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Variations to try
- Turn this into vanilla almond agave granola by swapping the honey with agave syrup.
- Use chopped almonds for extra crunch.
- Or swap the almonds for pecans or walnuts.
- Add a few handfuls of raisins or cranberries when the granola comes out of the oven.
- Mix in some chocolate chips as the granola is cooling – you'll want them to melt into the oats a little, but not too much.
- Increase the cinnamon to 1 teaspoon for extra cinnamony flavor.
Homemade granola faqs
Homemade granola will keep well for at least a month. It will still be safe to eat after this point, but it won't taste as fresh.
The best way to store homemade granola is in a sealed container in your pantry. We love using these stand-up Stasher bags for storing pantry items like granola.
Yes! We often gift jars of homemade granola for Christmas. They also make great hostesses or even birthday gifts.
How to eat granola (what to eat with granola)
Granola makes the best quick and easy breakfast! These are some of the ways that we like to serve it:
- With plain yogurt and a little maple syrup drizzled over the top.
- Mixed with milk (regular or dairy-free!) in a bowl.
- Add some fresh berries – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries.
- Top a smoothie bowl with a handful of this vanilla almond granola.
- Sprinkle some over ice cream.
- Used as a salad topper.
Popular breakfast recipes
- Pistachio, White Chocolate, and Cranberry Granola
- Chocolate Nut Superfood Granola
- Homemade Coconut Yogurt
Vanilla Almond Granola
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- ½ cup honey, see notes
- ¼ cup light-flavored oil, or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract , yes, tablespoons!
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the oats and almonds to a large mixing bowl.3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the honey, oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, and salt. Pour this mixture over the oats and mix so that they are well-coated.½ cup honey, ¼ cup light-flavored oil, 2 tablespoons vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon almond extract, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the oats to the baking sheet and spread out in an even layer. Bake the granola for 45 minutes, mixing it twice during baking.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely before storing it.