This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Christmas granola is the perfect healthy homemade food gift. With red cranberries, green pistachios, white chocolate chips, and warm spices, it's a festive nourishing treat that everyone will appreciate. It's simple to make, great for gifting, and is ready in just 45 minutes!
If you've always wanted to make a food gift for the holidays, give this Christmas granola a try. This festive and healthy crowd-pleaser is filled with oats, nuts, dried cranberries, and coconut ribbons. It's dotted with Christmas colors and spiced with cardamom and ginger to make it taste like the holidays.
It stores well in an air-tight container for up to a month at room temperature so you can plan ahead and make a big batch in advance. Package it in a glass jar and tie a ribbon around it as a host gift or party favor everyone will enjoy.
Christmas granola ingredients
There are no unwanted ingredients in this wholesome Christmas granola recipe. Here's everything you'll need to make it:
- Rolled oats
- Coconut oil
- Cardamom + ginger
- Sea salt
- Dried cranberries
- White chocolate chips
How to make Christmas granola
Homemade granola is one of those foods that tastes so much better than store-bought. This festive cranberry granola is easy to make by following a few simple steps:
- While your oven preheats, get your baking sheet ready and find a large bowl. Mix together the oats, pistachios, and coconut.
- Then warm the coconut oil, honey, and spices in a small pot on the stove and pour this syrup over the oats.
- Mix it all together then spread the mixture onto your baking sheet. Bake it until lightly golden.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before gently stirring in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- When it's completely cool, package it in an air-tight container for up to a month. It's that easy!
How to get bright green pistachios
To make life easier, we normally use pre-shelled pistachios in this recipe. If you want your pistachios to be bright green like they are in the pictures, it's a bit of work. Here's how to do it:
- Start by removing the pistachios from their shells.
- Once you have enough, put them into a bowl and cover them with very hot water.
- After 5 minutes, drain the water and rub the skins off of the pistachios. The easiest way to do this is to put a few into a clean and lint-free tea towel and rub them between your fingers.
Removing the skins from pistachios is not for the faint of heart or anyone in a hurry. If you have time and patience and really want the brightest green pistachios for this Christmas granola, go for it! If not, darker-colored, pre-shelled pistachios taste even better.
Can I use maple syrup instead of honey?
Yes! Maple syrup is a great substitute for honey. Just know that if you use maple syrup, the granola won't be as crunchy.
Is this granola gluten-free?
You can make this granola gluten-free by choosing gluten-free rolled oats.
I can't find coconut ribbons. Can I use shredded coconut instead?
In a pinch. It will change the texture and overall look of the granola, but it will still be delicious.
DIY Chrismas gift
This holiday granola makes an excellent DIY Christmas gift! Simply download and print our cute gift tags, package the holiday granola in glass jars, and wrap your gift with the tag attached to the jar. Easy!
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup ribbon or large flake coconut
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Add the oats, pistachios, and coconut to a large, heat-proof mixing bowl.3 cups rolled oats, 1 cup pistachios, 1 cup ribbon or large flake coconut
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, mix the honey, coconut oil, cardamom, ginger, and sea salt. Once it starts to boil, remove the pot from the heat and pour the liquid over the oats.½ cup honey, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, ½ teaspoon ground cardamom, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Mix the oats well the spread them out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through. Take the granola out of the oven when it is light golden brown. It will crisp once it cools.
- Let the granola cool for 5 minutes then gently stir in the cranberries and white chocolate. The chocolate will melt slightly (as long as you don't mix it too much) and adhere to the granola. Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet.1 cup dried cranberries, 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Store the Christmas granola in glass jars in your pantry for up to a month.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.