Have you ever heard of chicken lazone before? You'd think I've been hiding under a rock somewhere because until about a month a go I was like, “chicken la what??” Chicken la freaking delicious is probably a better name for it. There seems to be about zero variations of this recipe out there. Probably because there really are only a couple ingredients and about one method of prepping this super simple dish. I first met the acquaintance of chicken lazone over at Plain Chicken and I must say, “thank you very much for introducing us.”
This whole chicken lazone thing is basically a few spices seared onto chicken then a bunch of cream poured into the pan to create a rich sauce. If you do that whole Atkins diet low-carb thing you are going to love this dish (minus the rice I've served on the side). If you don't, you'll still love this dish, you just might want to eat salads for the rest of the day so your conscience doesn't yell at you for drinking up all this yummy cream sauce.
If you make this Creamy Quick Chicken Lazone, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ - 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 chicken tenders or boneless skinless thighs
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder (more for more spice), sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Heat the butter in a medium sized non-stick or cast iron frying pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the spices evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the frying pan, giving each piece a little shake when you first add it to the pan to prevent it from sticking.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side. or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. *Be very careful not to burn the spices or the sauce will taste bitter.
- Pour the cream into the pan and warm through. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Coconut Black Lentil Curry (vegan dal makhani) - February 24, 2017
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls - February 21, 2017
- Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Lime Sauce - February 17, 2017