Creamy Chicken Lazone
Chicken lazone is a quick and easy dinner recipe made with tender, pan-fried chicken breasts and the most delicious cream sauce. You'll love it!
Complete the meal with a side of pasta or steamed rice and some roasted broccoli. And if you love creamy chicken recipes, also check out our healthy chicken alfredo!
This recipe was originally published way back in 2014. We've freshened it up with some new photos and some more information. We now prefer to use chicken breasts instead of thighs but other than that the recipe remains the same.
Have you ever heard of chicken lazone before? We've been making this recipe for years after first meeting its acquaintance over at Plain Chicken.
It's a creamy chicken recipe that should really change its name to Chicken la Freaking Delicious. The subtle flavors, creamy sauce, and tender meat make it near impossible not to love.
There seem to be nearly zero variations of this recipe out there. Probably because there really are only a couple of ingredients and only one method of prepping this super simple dish.
How to make chicken lazone
This whole chicken lazone thing is basically a few spices seared onto chicken then a bunch of cream poured into the pan to create a rich sauce.
- Season chicken breasts with some spices mixed with a little cornstarch, which creates a delicious coating on the chicken.
- Sear the chicken until nice and golden brown then take it out of the pan.
- Quickly saute some garlic in the same pan then pour in the cream.
- Now add the chicken back to the pan and let it simmer for a couple of minutes to finish cooking and thicken the sauce.
You've just made dinner!
Full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
How long does chicken lazone last?
Chicken lazone will keep for 2-3 days in your fridge. You may want to add an extra splash of cream or chicken stock to the pan when you warm it.
Can I freeze chicken lazone?
Cream sauces generally don't do well in the freezer as the cream has a tendency to split. Luckily, this is a very quick recipe to make so it's easy to make for dinner.
If you like to prep ahead, the spice mix can be made and stored in your pantry for several months.
What to serve with chicken lazone?
Chicken lazone is a creamy recipe with the most luscious sauce that begs to be poured over something. Pasta is the obvious choice here. Rice is another great option.
You can also make this a healthy, low-carb dinner by serving this with some cauliflower rice. Some other veggies sides that we love with chicken lazone are:
- Garlic Butter Asparagus
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic
Easy chicken recipes
Chicken Lazone Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (so you have 4 thin pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 ¾ cups heavy cream, whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon EACH: smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- Mix the spice blend in a shallow bowl.1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon EACH: smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large, high-sided frying pan over medium-high heat.2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons butter
- Dredge the chicken in the spice blend then place it into the frying pan. Reserve any remaining spices. Cook the chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium if the chicken is browning too quickly. Remove the chicken from the pan.2 chicken breasts
- Add the garlic and let it cook for 1 minute. Add any remaining spice blend to the pan and mix it into the garlic. Add the cream and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any bits that are stuck on.3 cloves garlic, 1 ¾ cups heavy cream
- Put the chicken and any accumulated juices back into the pan. Bring the pan to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cream begins to thicken.
That was an amazing recipe, Kristen! Even though it was my first time, I attempted to follow your advice religiously, and the result was fantastic. First, I can attest that it is chicken-la-freakingly-delicious. You can make the meal in no time and serve it with boiling rice and zesty potato salad. Lastly, leftovers taste even better the next day.
Absolutely delicious, and got rave reviews from the family. I actually used three chicken breasts and still had enough seasoning/sauce to go around. I paired it with the https://www.theendlessmeal.com/roasted-garlic-mashed-potatoes/ and some roasted broccoli. Will definitely make this again.
Could I substitute the heavy whipping cream for coconut cream? My wife cannot have any diary right now
Coconut milk will change the flavor a lot. I would opt for cashew cream, which is simply cashew butter mixed with water. It thickens like cream with a neutral flavor. You can check out this recipe to see the trick in use: https://www.theendlessmeal.com/creamy-garlic-mushrooms-bacon/
I made this tonight for dinner. So easy to make and super delicious, the family loved it. I served it with pasta, broccoli and carrots. Thank you so much.
Absolutely delish! The chicken was SO tender. Will definitely make again.
Can I substitute Coconut cream, or Coconut milk for the heavy cream??
I can’t do dairy anymore.
You could, but it will significantly change the flavor of the recipe.
Hello! Making this now with some game birds. Delicious but there’s no amount of garlic provided! We used a couple cloves.
Thank you for pointing that out! It’s been corrected. 🙂
THIS RECIPE LOOKS AMAZING! I’D LIKE TO TRY BUT ONLY HAVE BONELESS/SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS. CAN I SUB THE BREASTS FOR THIGHS? SERVING 8 PEOPLE……….PERHAPS 3 B/S LRG. CHICKEN BREASTS SLICED (LIKE CHICKEN TENDERS)?
Breasts will work just as well!
I made this tonight.. I did not care for the gravy. With heavy cream. It tast to bland. But the chicken was great.. Is there any alternatives for the gravy?
I’m sorry you didn’t like it as much as I did. Funny how our taste buds can all be so different!
I think this recipe is really about the richness of the cream. If you wanted something a little lighter you could try milk. If it was just that it was bland you might want to try adding more salt next time.
Here’s a link to other chicken and meat recipes for you to check out. 🙂
You are not the author of this recipe, and you need to credit your sources. http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-lazone-65768
The recipe is actually adapted from one I found over at Plain Chicken. If you read the blog post you’ll see I gave credit to her. 🙂
Made this last night and it was delicious! I didn’t have cream so I used almond milk instead and it was still so good.
So great to know that it will turn out with almond milk too. So much healthier than cream!