This delicious Sesame Lemon Chicken is easy to make and better than any take-out Chinese meal. The chicken is pan fried in coconut oil and coated in a lemony sesame sauce. It's a healthy and naturally gluten-free dinner recipe you will fall in LOVE with!
Whoa, baby … this chicken is LEMONY! Like, not hiding there somewhere in the background at all. This one's for you, lemon chicken lovers. Jump on board. 🍋 🍋 🍋
This is the kind of simple chicken dinner that will melt your heart and disappear from your plate faster than you can say, “More, pleeeeeeease!” Made with household pantry staples likes ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and lemons (obvs!) chances are you'll be able to whip this up without a grocery store run. Bonus!
Bye bye Chinese takeout lemon chicken. 👋
Your Sesame Lemon Chicken Game Plan:
♡ Whisk some lemon juice, sesame oil, honey, and a little turmeric just for color.
♡ Cut up that chicken and toss it with corn/ tapioca starch, shake and bake style.
♡ Pan fry, baby, fry. Crispy, coconut oil, pan-fried chicken = awesome!
♡ Quick wilt your greens with a little ginger and garlic, because those two are always the answer.
♡ Sauce up your chicken and swan dive straight in there. 🙏
Do you see how easy that was? Put down the phone, my friend. You've got this.
Errr, wait … pick up the phone and call me. I'll bring the wine!
If you make this Sweet Lemon Sesame Chicken make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (sub tapioca starch for paleo)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoon corn starch (tapioca starch for paleo)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces yu choy, bok choy, or broccoli
- To serve: rice or cauliflower rice, sesame seeds, and lemon slices
- Add the lemon zest and juice, honey, sesame oil, and turmeric to a medium sized bowl. Whisk the cornstarch with a little water then add that to the bowl.
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken thighs and cut each thigh into 5 or 6 pieces. Place the pieces in a plastic bag and sprinkle the cornstarch over the top. Shake the bag so that the chicken is coated in the corn starch.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown on all sides and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Work in batches if needed. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for a few seconds. Add the yu choy and cook, turning with a pair of tongs, until the leaves start to wilt, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and pour the sauce over the top. Stir until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve the sesame lemon chicken with rice or cauliflower rice, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and lemon slices on the side.
More delicious chicken recipes: