Pomegranate Baked Brie
This baked brie with pomegranate is our go-to holiday appetizer. It's a wheel of rich brie cheese baked in the oven until bubbly then topped with pomegranate, pistachios, and honey. It's festive, everyone loves it, and it's ready in just 15 minutes!
Cheesy appetizers are our absolute favorite! If you love them too, try our epic holiday cheese board or lemon whipped ricotta with cranberry honey.
Table of contents
What's better than gooey brie cheese served with pomegranate seeds, nuts, and honey? Absolutely nothing! That's why this is our go-to holiday appetizer, and we look forward to making it every year.
It's creamy, crunchy, and sweet with a bit of tartness from the pomegranate seeds. It looks so pretty and festive with its red, green, and white colors, too.
It's a quick and easy appetizer to make (which is great news if you're hosting). All you have to do is bake the brie until it's bubbly, add the toppings, and serve.
It's delicious on its own with some crackers or baguette, but we also love serving it as the hot element on holiday cheese boards. Guests swoon over it, and it always disappears quickly!
Pomegranate baked brie ingredients
With just 5 simple ingredients, you can easily make this pomegranate baked brie. Here's what you need:
- Brie cheese – any type of round brie cheese will work for this recipe.
- Brandy – brandy's smooth and sweet flavor is a great partner for cheese. If you prefer not to use alcohol, you can omit it.
- Pomegranate seeds – pomegranate seeds are pretty and taste a lot like cranberries. They're fairly tart with a bit of sweetness and are a good match with this savory appetizer.
- Pistachios – we chose pistachios for their festive green color, but you can also use walnuts or pecans if you prefer.
- Honey – to make it extra sweet and gooey.
- Crackers or baguette – for serving.
How to make pomegranate baked brie
This is the perfect holiday appetizer for parties. It's super easy to make with just a few ingredients, and everyone loves it. Here's how to make it:
- While your oven preheats, get your brie ready by cutting off the very top and putting it into a small baking dish.
- Pour on the brandy and bake it until it's very soft and melty.
- Remove it from the oven, sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds and pistachios and drizzle with honey. If we've got some fresh herbs on hand like thyme or rosemary, we'll sprinkle some of those on, too. Serve it with crackers or sliced baguette, and dig in!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
We use a small cast-iron skillet, but you can use a ramekin or any other oven-safe dish.
Sure! Brie and camembert are both delicious and work equally well in this recipe.
This recipe is best served immediately out of the oven. It basically requires no prep time, making it an easy recipe for hosting.
What to serve with pomegranate baked brie
This baked brie and pomegranate is perfect for holiday parties! It's best served right out of the oven alongside crackers or a sliced baguette. Or you can use it to jazz up cheese boards. We love serving a hot element with cheese boards with other foods like nuts, olives, dried fruit, cured meats, jam or jelly, pate, dip, fresh fruit, or crudités.
Other favorite cheese board additions
More party appetizer recipes
- Three Easy Party Dips
- Beet Chip and Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Smoked Salmon Appetizer with Cucumber and Lemon Dill Cream Cheese
Pomegranate Baked Brie
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 round brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Crackers or baguette, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the top off the brie – don't worry if it is uneven or if bits of the top remain. Put the brie into a small baking dish.
- Pour the brandy over the top of the brie then bake it in the oven for 12 minutes, or until the brie is very soft and melty.1 round brie cheese, 1 tablespoon brandy
- Remove the Brie from the oven and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and pistachios and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.¼ cup pomegranate seeds, 2 tablespoons pistachios, 1 tablespoon honey, Crackers or baguette
Can raw cashews be subbed for the pistachios?
Yes, but if you chop and toast the cashews they’ll be even better!
Love the contrast of the pomegranate with the creamy brie. So perfect for the holidays! I served mine with baguette slices and it was fantastic, thanks for the recipe!
Oh my goodness, was this amazing! SO tasty!!
This looks amazing! I’d love to make this for a party again soon. I love the photos you’ve included.
We made this last night and it was the perfect appetizer for having some friends over for dinner! The pomegranate paired so well with the brie – it was delicious!
I’m loving the pomegranate, pistachios, and honey on top of this creamy, smooth baked brie. It was a big hit for the Holidays.
This board books incredible, as does the baked Brie. I would like to know what bread/cracker you are serving on the top right of the board by the fresh pomegranate.
They are Leslie Stowe’s Rainforest Crisps and they’re SO GOOD! You can see the package here: https://amzn.to/3T1ZcKn
I’m loving this cheese board Kristen! It looks absolutely delicious, I definitely have to try this recipe this holiday season 🙂
Thank you so much!! Cheese boards are the best, aren’t they?!! 🙂
This is just lovely!
Thank you so much!!!