This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These gluten free peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy, and utterly delicious. They are a flourless peanut butter cookie recipe made with only six ingredients. You won't find a better peanut butter cookie around!
Did you know that you can make peanut butter cookies without using any flour?
Not only can you make flourless peanut butter cookies, they also happen to be the very best version.
A peanut butter cookie needs to be soft and chewy, full of peanut-y flavor, crunchy peanut bits, and sprinkled with chocolate chips. These guys have it all.
For the best flavor, use all-natural SALTED peanut butter. If you only have unsalted peanut butter, make sure to add some salt to the recipe.
What type of peanut butter should I use?
We always opt for all-natural, salted peanut butter. Adam's is our favorite brand. (not sponsored)
Is this a vegan peanut butter cookie recipe?
Yes! This recipe is made without animal ingredients.
Help, my cookies are crumbling!
This is likely because they are undercooked. Try leaving the next batch in the oven for a few more minutes. And make sure they are cool before digging in. Warm cookies are very delicate.
How long do these cookies last?
They will keep well for 3-4 days in a sealed container. (But chances are you'll eat them all long before that!)
We think this recipe is absolute perfection, but sometimes it's still fun to switch things up. Here are a few ways you can switch it up!
- Raisin cookies: Swap the chocolate chips for raisins.
- Almond cookies: Use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- Chocolate: Drizzle some melted chocolate over the cooled cookies.
- Sugared: Sprinkle sugar over the top of the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven for a little crunch.
- 1 cup salted natural peanut butter (see notes)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- Optional: ⅓ cup EACH: chopped peanuts and chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Use electric beaters to mix them together.1 cup salted natural peanut butter (see notes), ⅓ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, and egg and beat until the dough comes together. Do not overmix. If using, stir in the peanuts and chocolate chips.2 teaspoons vanilla, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 large egg, Optional: ⅓ cup EACH: chopped peanuts and chocolate chips
- Use a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons) to portion out 18 balls. Divide them between two cookie sheets then press them down gently with your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms just start to brown. Let them cook for 10 minutes on the cook sheets before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.