This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chunky Monkey Paleo Banana Cookies are chewy and flavorful healthy cookies that are completely grain-free. They taste like dessert but are full of good for you ingredients making them perfect for busy weekday mornings.
Fact: chunky monkey paleo banana cookies for breakfast = awesome.
These almond flour banana cookies are made with 100% good for you ingredients and have zero added sugar. ← And I'm fully aware that under most circumstances those two statements would not be a cookie selling feature, but these are paleo breakfast cookies so I guessing that if you're here it's because you want a healthy cookie recipe. So let's not try to hide it. These paleo cookies are all the good and healthy things.
- They are breakfast staples like bananas, walnuts, and almonds disguised as cookies.
- They last for several days so you can make a batch on Sunday and grab a couple on your way out the door on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Read: cookies for breakfast all week long!
- This is a super easy paleo cookies recipe. Throw everything into one bowl, mix, bake, and eat.
- CHOCOLATE. Did I mention that these are banana chocolate chip cookies? Chocolate makes everything better.
- They are tender and chewy and totally paleo cookie delicious.
- They are also made without dairy or eggs so they're 100% vegan breakfast cookie certified.
Aside from being the obvious tasty paleo cookies that they are, they are also:
→ Made from a base of bananas and almond flour. My rationalization for naming these Chunky Monkey Cookies: Monkeys like bananas. There are bananas in these cookies. That's a good enough reason, right?
→ Full of coconut, chopped walnuts, and raisins. (Yep, that's the chunky part.)
→ Loaded with chocolate chips. Yes!
Paleo cookies are not your average cookie. There is no butter, flour, or sugar in sight. All paleo cookies (at least the ones that I've tried) tend to be more dense and chewy.
If you're going to compare paleo cookies to regular cookies, then these paleo banana cookies are similar to a healthy breakfast cookie, with a slightly different texture.
The almond flour makes them a little chewier than a regular cookie … which is not a bad thing.
They are the perfect morning cookie!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Sweet Paleo Breakfast Recipes
- Chocolate Almond Flour Protein Muffins
- Triple Berry Paleo Banana Bread with Lemon Glaze
- Homemade Coconut Yogurt with Strawberry Chia Jam
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Coconut Almond Paleo Breakfast Muffins
- Tropical Sunshine Make Ahead Smoothies
- 2 medium ripe bananas (sliced (+ slices for topping, optional))
- ½ cup almond butter (can sub peanut butter if not paleo)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup coconut
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the banana slices, almond butter, water, and vanilla to a large bowl and beat with electric beaters until mostly smooth. Add the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut, and raisins.2 medium ripe bananas, ½ cup almond butter, ¼ cup water, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 cup almond flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, ¼ cup chopped walnuts, ¼ cup coconut, ¼ cup raisins
- Drop the dough (it will be sticky) into 12 equal mounds on the baking sheets. Press a banana slice into the top of each cookie to flatten it out a little.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden then remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.