Garlic Butter Chicken and Brussels Sprouts is a super easy to make (5 ingredient!) and healthy autumn dinner recipe. It's made on the stovetop with only one pan so clean up is a breeze, too!
| gluten-free + low carb + paleo + easily Whole30 |
Chicken and brussels sprouts! Or should I say chicken and brussel sprouts, cause that's how we pronounce it. #truth
Google tells me that nearly everyone in the world drops the ‘s' and types chicken and brussel sprouts when they're searching for this recipe. I'll keep the ‘s' in brussels sprouts so my computer doesn't keep telling me that I've made a spelling error. Just know that if you're looking for chicken and brussel sprouts, you're in the right place!
5 reasons to make chicken and brussels sprouts tonight:
- It's September which means that all our favorite fall veggies are hitting the markets. Read: brussels sprouts!
- It's a 5 ingredient dinner recipe that you can whip up in no time flat.
- This isn't just a chicken and brussels sprouts recipe, it's a GARLIC BUTTER chicken and brussels sprouts recipe. Because garlic butter makes everything better.
- When you add the butter to the pan it mixes with the chicken stock and wraps itself around the brussels to make a creamy and delicious garlic butter sauce.
- This baby is low-carb, gluten-free, paleo, and easily made Whole30 by swapping ghee for the butter. It's comfort food you can feel good about eating.
Bonus reason to make this chicken and brussels sprouts recipe:
I have certified proof that this is a kid-friendly recipe. ← I know that sounds HIGHLY unlikely.
Here's the deal: my 2-year-old girl gobbled this up and even loved the leftovers reheated for lunch the next day. Want to know the trick? It's an easy one. All I had to do was tell her that brussels sprouts are baby cabbages and she was all over it. Baby anything wins her over. Are your kids the same?
So tell the young ones you've made garlic butter chicken with baby cabbages and everyone will be happy.
And just look at those brussels sprouts! As much as I'm a summer girl, autumn food wins me over every time. Bring on the comfort food!
The special thing about this brussels sprouts recipe is the way the chicken stock and butter come together to form this glossy little sauce that coats every nook and cranny on these gems.
You get the feeling that they were tossed in a light cream sauce, even though the only hint of dairy is the smallest amount of butter. It's magical.
If you love brussels sprouts as much as I do, here are a few of my favorite brussels sprouts recipes:
- Late Autumn Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- Coconut Oil Fried Brussels Sprouts with Garlic, Chili, and Lime
- Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds and Balsamic
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon, Walnuts, and Apricots
- Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
The garlic butter chicken step 1:
Decide whether you want crispy chicken skin, or not. I love it, so I almost always leave it on. But it does add a whole lot of calories to the recipe. You choose which works best for you!
Garlic butter chicken step 2:
Brown the chicken in the pan. If you've left the skin on, make it nice and crispy. If you've taken it off, make sure the chicken gets nice and brown so it's extra pretty.
Now pour some chicken stock into the pan and let it simmer until it disappears and the chicken is cooked through.
Garlic butter chicken step 3:
This is the best part. Add the butter and garlic to the pan and stand back as your entire house starts to smell AMAZING. Now spoon some of that garlic butter sauce over the chicken.
Bonus: Turn this recipe into lemon garlic butter chicken by squeezing a half of lemon over the chicken. 2 in 1 chicken recipe!
Now my friends, go pour yourselves a glass of wine and dig into your chicken and brussels sprouts (or should I say chicken and brussel sprouts.) Enjoy!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Healthy and Easy Chicken Recipes:
- One Pan Bacon Apple Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- Italian Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives
- Saucy Peanut Chicken with Tomatoes and Peppers
- Baked Sesame Orange Chicken
- The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Lemon Herb Butter Roast Chicken
- 8 chicken thighs – skin on or off, your choice!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- Add the chicken to a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat skin side up. (If using skinless thighs, add a teaspoon of oil.) Sprinkle half the salt and pepper over the chicken and let it cook for 5 minutes, or until it has browned on the bottom. Flip the chicken over and sprinkle on the remaining salt and pepper. Cook until the skin is crispy or the top is brown, about 6-7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the brussels in half. Add the brussels sprouts to the pan and let them cook until they are brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Push them to the side of the pan and arrange the chicken on the other side of the pan. Pour the chicken stock into the pan (not over the crispy chicken) and let it simmer until the pan is dry and the chicken is fully cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Pile the brussels sprouts on one side of the pan and add the butter and garlic. Let the garlic cook for 2 minutes then spoon some garlic butter over the tops of the chicken. Mix the rest of the garlic butter into the brussels sprouts.
- Serve with lots of extra black pepper.