Creamy Cauliflower Hummus
This Creamy Cauliflower Hummus recipe is made without chickpeas yet tastes almost exactly the same as authentic hummus. It's a low-carb, paleo, Whole30 hummus recipe you can fall in love with.
Friends, cauliflower lovers, and those still sitting on the fence, I have a recipe that's about to rattle your brain. Welcome, cauliflower hummus! ♡
I know it sounds a little (a LOT) strange. I know it doesn't sound possible. I know it sounds sacrilegious.
I'm expecting some backlash from authentic hummus lovers, and I'm ok with that.
This cauliflower hummus is made by swapping the traditional chickpeas with roasted cauliflower, and you'd never know it. If you put this out at a party and didn't decorate it with the giveaway roasted cauliflower bits, I'm 98.9% sure no one would question that it wasn't real hummus.
It's a near dead ringer and I just. can't. stop. eating. it.
READ MORE: How to make cauliflower rice
When I told my handsome man that I was planning to make cauliflower hummus his face scrunched up in pain like it does when I tell him that remaking a favorite recipe out of some vegetable. I'm the one who fawns over cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, and sneaking extra veggies into every dinner we eat. He's on team real rice and pasta, smothered in tons of butter and cheese.
I use him as my gauge for sharing recipes with you. If I get his stamp of approval, I know a recipe will go over well in your house not only with you but with any meat and potato eaters you're feeding, too.
He's the one who said that if you put out a plate of this hummus at a party, most people probably wouldn't even know it's not real. Win!
This cauliflower hummus is 100% paleo approved … unless you eat with pita chips. ☝️☝️ Don't do that if you're following a paleo diet.
My fav is a dinner with Middle Eastern flare: grilled lemon chicken, a simple tabbouleh, and some cauliflower hummus.
If you make this Cauliflower Hummus make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!Print
This Creamy Cauliflower Hummus recipe is made without chickpeas yet tastes almost exactly the same as authentic hummus. It's a low-carb, paleo hummus recipe you can fall in love with.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Optional toppings: a few roasted cauliflower florets, olive oil, cumin, sumac, sesame seeds, and parsley
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and place them on the baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes, or until soft and starting to brown in a few places.
- Reserve a few small pieces of the roasted cauliflower to garnish then place the rest of the cauliflower, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, tahini, sea salt, cumin, garlic and lemon juice to your food processor or high-powered blender. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Allow the cauliflower hummus to cool then serve with any or all of the optional toppings.