Creamy Roasted Beet Hummus
Roasted Beet Hummus is a nutrient-dense hummus recipe made with roasted beets, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and a little cumin. It's a super creamy, chickpea-free dip that is as delicious as it is pretty.
Today's an exciting day!
I've got a delicious roasted beet hummus recipe that is a favorite of ours. It's a chickpea-free hummus recipe that is creamy, velvety, and all kinds of delicious. Even though it's made with beets, the generous amount of tahini gives this recipe an unmistakable hummus flavor. I bet you'd never guess it's made without chickpeas!
Five reasons to fall in love with beet hummus
- This pretty pink beet hummus is super creamy and full of flavor.
- I love using it as a dip for raw veggies, but it is also great with pita, chips, or even spread on a sandwich or burger.
- There're only seven simple ingredients in here, and that's even counting the oil and salt. Once you roast the beets, the hummus will take you all of about 5 minutes to make. Easy-peasy.
- Beet hummus is happy belly hummus. You won't find any belly-bloating chickpeas in here.
- The earthy flavor of beets, the nuttiness of tahini, and the tanginess of the lemons were made for each other.
How to make this beet hummus recipe
The majority of the time it takes to make this recipe is hands-off. Once the beets come out of the oven, the hummus comes together very quickly.
- Roast the beets. You can either put the beets in the oven whole or peel and chop them first. If you leave them whole they will take a little longer to cook. If you peel and chop them first, your hands will turn red for a little while. It's your choice.
- Put the roasted beets, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, and salt into your food processor and blend them until mostly smooth.
- Now slowly drizzle in a little water. About 1/4 cup will do it. Once it's velvety and the consistency of hummus, it's ready.
What to serve with roasted beet hummus
I generally serve this with veggies (crudités) on the side. Crunchy cucumber slices are my favorite. Other veggies that go well with beet hummus are radishes, carrots, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes.
Pita bread or pita chips are a classic hummus pairing. Or try salted potato chips or pretzels for a fun twist.
Turn this red beet hummus into a meal
While we usually think of hummus as an appetizer, you can easily turn it into a meal. Here are a few ideas:
- Toss it with some pasta.
- Serve it with roast chicken and lemon potatoes for a Greek-style meal.
- Use it as a dip for falafels.
- Make yourself a beet hummus buddha bowl.
- Spread it thick on a veggie sandwich.
Do you love beet recipes as much as we do?
We're big fans of beets around here. Some recipes, like Coconut Thai Borcht, are perfect for when you want a bright splash of pink, like Valentine's Day. Others, like Roasted Beet and Kale Salad with Maple Candied Walnuts, are year-round favorites.
- Pretty Coconut and Raw Beet Smoothie
- Crispy Kale Salad with Roasted Beets
- Ginger Pickled Baby Beets
- Blueberry Balsamic Glazed Beets
- Dark Chocolate Beet Cake with All-Natural Pink Frosting
- Pretty Beet Gnocchi
We also have an Ultimate Guide to Beets which has tons of information about beets and more beet recipes.
We have no shortage of healthy dip recipes around here. These are a few of our favorites:
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Three Easy Party Dips
- Roasted Caramelized Onion Dip
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Artichoke Olive Dip
- Smoky Chipotle Guacamole Dip
- Lightened Up Mexican Corn Dip
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Hummus Recipes:
- Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
- Spicy Harissa Hummus Platter
- Creamy Cauliflower Hummus
- Pesto Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips
Roasted Beet Hummus
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 medium beets
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove clove, minced
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Peel and chop the beets then toss them with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and put them on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes, or until they are soft.4 medium beets, 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Let the cooked beets cool for a few minutes then put them into your food processor along with all the remaining ingredients. Blend on high for 2 minutes.½ cup tahini, ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, 1 clove clove
- With the blender running, slowly add cold water to the hummus. You will need to add about ¼ cup of water. When it is creamy and the consistency of hummus, stop adding water. Season to taste with more salt, if needed.
This recipe is part of our Healthy Super Bowl Recipes series.