This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Crazy delicious Harissa Hummus can be made with either store-bought or easy homemade harissa. It's mildly spicy, full of flavor, and the perfect healthy snack or appetizer. If you're looking for a vegan + gluten-free + super tasty recipe for your next party, this is it!
It's officially party season! Gather 'round, my friends. I've got the recipe you want to make for your next party. This harissa hummus is everything easy, breezy party dreams are made of.
It's super creamy, a little spicy, and full of delicious flavor.
I've shared my fav homemade harissa recipe with you. You can either use that or pick up a jar of store-bought harissa. Either way, you're going to love this hummus!
It's perfect for a casual dinner, picnic, summer BBQ party, or … a Fourth of July party! Cause Happy 4th, my friends! ??
This homemade harissa …
I'm not going to lie, there's some delicious store-bought harissa out there. I've almost always got a jar of Mina Harissa in my fridge. But sometimes (lots of the times!) it's fun to make everything from scratch.
Don't worry, if you've got a blender or a food processor, you can make your own harissa paste in a few minutes flat.
Here's what you're going to do:
Put some bell pepper, chili peppers, onion, garlic, tomato paste, oil, and a few spices into your blender. Whizz them around until they're mostly smooth. That's it!
See how ridiculously easy that was?
The recipe makes more than what you'll need for the hummus. You can use the extra in these Roasted Eggplants with Creamy Harissa and Pistachios, Skinny Sweet Potato Harissa Fries, Sticky Harissa Honey Glazed Chicken, Harissa Shakshuka, or this Harissa Butternut Squash Soup.
If you make this Spicy Harissa Hummus Platter make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 14 ounce can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-3 tablespoons harissa (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Fresh cut veggies
- Grilled or toasted bread (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 chiles de Arbol (small red chilis)
- 1 tablespoon EACH: tomato paste and olive oil
- ½ teaspoon EACH: cumin, coriander, and sea salt
- Juice from ½ lemon
- If you're making your own harissa, do that first. Put all the ingredients into your food processor or blender and blend until mostly smooth. Transfer to a jar.1 medium red bell pepper, ½ red onion, 4 cloves garlic, 2 chiles de Arbol, 1 tablespoon EACH: tomato paste and olive oil, ½ teaspoon EACH: cumin, coriander, and sea salt, Juice from ½ lemon
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, harissa, sea salt, garlic, and lemon juice to your food processor or blender. (No need to clean it first if you've made the harissa!) Blend on high until smooth. Taste and season with more sea salt, if you'd like.14 ounce can of chickpeas, ¼ cup tahini, ¼ cup olive oil, 1-3 tablespoons harissa, 1 clove garlic, Juice from ½ lemon, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Serve the harissa hummus with lots of fresh veggies and some grilled or toasted bread. Olives and berries are nice additions to the platter!
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.