This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sweet potato hummus is about to become your newest favorite hummus recipe. It is a bean-free hummus made with roasted sweet potatoes, tahini, and lime juice. It's an easy, delicious, and healthy fall recipe!
Calling all dip lovers! I've got a sweet potato hummus dip recipe that's been a hit with everyone who's tried it.
Why you'll love sweet potato hummus
- This is a belly-friendly, bean-free hummus recipe. If eating a bunch of legumes makes you feel less than awesome, then this hummus recipe is for you.
- The bright orange color is perfect for fall.
- The slight sweetness from the sweet potatoes marries well with the tahini and lime juice.
- It's very similar in flavor to my Creamy Pumpkin Hummus Recipe. The biggest difference is that there are no chickpeas in this recipe so it's suitable for all of us who'd rather not eat that “magical fruit.”
- It's a great way to sneak in some extra healthy veggies into your diet. It's pretty hard to say no to delicious hummus even if it's made almost entirely from a vegetable.
How to make this sweet potato hummus recipe
If you can peel and chop and sweet potato, you can make this recipe. Here's how to do it:
- Peel and chop a couple of sweet potatoes, toss them in some olive oil, and pop them into the oven.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, let them cool for a few minutes then put them into your food processor with some tahini, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and salt.
- Now all you have to do is blend the hummus, adding just enough water so that it is perfectly creamy. You'll need about a cup of water.
How long does sweet potato hummus keep in the fridge?
Sweet potato hummus will last for at least 5 days kept in a sealed container in your fridge.
Can you freeze sweet potato hummus?
Yes! I like to keep some in freezer containers for quick and easy snacks. It will last about 3 months in the freezer.
Love sweet potato recipes?
If you love sweet potatoes, make sure to check out these recipes:
- Herb and Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Pomegranate
- Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry with Thai Peanut Lime Sauce
- Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- Green Onion and Sweet Potato Fritters
- Skinny Sweet Potato Harissa Fries
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Hummus Recipes
- Easy Hummus recipe
- Creamy Pumpkin Hummus
- Pesto Hummus with Homemade Pita Chips
- Roasted Beet Hummus
- Creamy Cauliflower Hummus
- Spicy Harissa Hummus
- 1 ½ lbs sweet potatoes (about 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped)
- 4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil (divided)
- ½ cup tahini
- juice from 1 lime (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon of the oil, put them on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven for 20 mintutes. Let them cool slightly then add the them to a food processor.1 ½ lbs sweet potatoes
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend on high for 1 minute. With the motor running, slowly add cold water until it is very creamy and a hummus consistency. You'll need to add about 1 cup of water. Taste and season with extra salt, if needed.4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil, ½ cup tahini, juice from 1 lime, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 clove garlic
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.