Christmas Salad with Herbs, Walnuts, and Pomegranate
This is our favorite Christmas salad. It's made with fresh chopped herbs, toasted walnuts, and pomegranate seeds. It's easy to make, stays fresh for hours, and the pretty green and red color looks great on your holiday table!
Christmas is just around the corner, and we've got the ideal salad for your holiday table!
Why we love this Christmas salad
- The pretty red pomegranate and bright green herbs just scream Christmas. For being so simple, it's an incredibly impressive salad.
- It keeps very well. This is important! Christmas dinners carry on for a long time and a regular salad can wilt while you talk, laugh, and help yourself to seconds and thirds. You want a salad that will stay fresh for the entire dinner.
- It's SO EASY to make! ← yes, that point is totally worth yelling about.
- The bright and fresh flavor is the ideal companion for heavy Christmas dinner.
- Anytime there's pomegranate on the table it feels like a special occasion.
- This Christmas salad is Whole30, gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan so you don't have to stress about what to serve your friends and family who eat special diets.
How to make a Christmas salad
Christmas dinner is hectic, which is why it's important that the salad you make is simple. You'll have plenty to think about with the turkey and timing all the sides. This salad recipe is very easy to make and can be made ahead of time so there's no last-minute rush like there is with most salad recipes.
- Put the ingredients in a salad bowl.
There's no fancy dressing with this one, just a squeeze of lemon and a little drizzle of olive oil. It's the ideal light and fresh flavor that your holiday feast will crave.
I'd suggest removing the pomegranate arils earlier in the day, or even the day before. Or skip that step entirely by buying fresh pomegranate arils, available in the produce or deli section of most grocery stores.
Christmas Dinner Recipes
You'll need more than a Christmas salad at your holiday table. These are our favorite Christmas dinner recipes, and all go well with this salad.
- Orange Cranberry Roast Chicken with Rosemary Balsamic Butter
- The Best Stuffing Recipe Ever
- Boursin Mashed Cauliflower
- Whole Roasted Brussels with Lemon and Garlic
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
- Ginger Orange Cranberry Sauce
And don't forget about something festive to drink. Our two favorites are Christmas Cranberry Margarita and Spiced Cranberry Hot Toddy.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Christmas Salad Recipes
- Pomegranate Salad with Spinach, Hazelnuts, and Mint
- Crispy Kale Salad with Roasted Beets
- Pumpkin Spinach Salad with Maple Pumpkin Dressing
- Sweet and Creamy Kale Waldorf Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Sweet Potato Salad with Brown Butter Vinaigrette
Christmas Salad Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsely, packed
- ¾ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ½ cup chopped mint, packed
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate, about 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ lemon, juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a medium-sized salad bowl.1 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsely, ¾ cup chopped toasted walnuts, ½ cup chopped mint, Seeds from 1 pomegranate, 2 teaspoons olive oil, ¼ lemon, ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Toss to combine and serve right away. So easy!
I’ve been meaning to come back to comment for a few weeks now. I made this for Christmas dinner and it was perfect. Nice and light and held up well without getting soggy by the end of dinner like all the salads I’ve made in the past. Will make it again next Christmas and probably next time I have a big dinner, too.