This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
25 best chili recipes – If you're after a simmering pot of warm and cozy chili, we've got the best chili recipes right here! You'll find chili recipes made on the stovetop and in the slow cooker. We have hearty meat chili, chicken chili, and even some vegetarian chili recipes. Which one will you make first?
Once the weather turns cooler, we start craving chili. And with so many great chili recipes it can be hard to know which one to make. That's why we've rounded up the 25 best chili recipes for you. Whether you want a cozy weeknight meal or a Sunday night chili feast, we have a recipe you'll love. And don't forget, chili makes a great addition to a potluck, game night, or any fall or winter get-together!
Chili recipes are always really flexible so if you want to make a substitution, go for it!
Ground meat – Switch up the protein by using ground beef, ground pork, ground chicken, ground turkey, or even vegetarian ground round.
Beans – Use your favorite beans, or whatever you have in your pantry.
Vegetables – Onions, garlic, and peppers are common in chili, but you can add more or less to your taste. Celery, carrots, and corn are also nice additions to chili!
Best chili recipes with meat
Best chili recipes with chicken and turkey
Best vegetarian chili recipes
Recipes using chili
A few chili recipes from our friends
- Queso Crockpot Chicken Chili with Roasted Corn and Jalapeno by Pinch of Yum
- Spicy Smoky Sweet Crockpot Chili by Iowa Girl Eats
- Gluten-Free Black Lentil Chili by Turnip The Oven
- Easy Vegan Chili by Vegan Family Recipes
- Healthy Quinoa Chili by Damn Delicious
- Lentil Chili by Little Broken
- Short Rib Chili with Chocolate Stout by No Spoon Necessary
- White Chicken Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cincinnati Turkey Chili Spaghetti Squash Boats by Whole and Heavenly Oven
- White Chicken Chili by The Recipe Rebel
- Butternut Squash Chili by A Spicy Perspective
- One Pot Lentil Chili by Minimalist Baker
- Easy Vegetarian Chili
- Sweet Potato Chili
- Black Bean and Corn Chili
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
- Vegetarian Chocolate Quinoa Chili
- Pumpkin Chili
A bowl of hot chili is wonderful on its own, but even better with some toppings. Here are a few of our favorite chili toppings:
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Corn chips
- Diced avocado
How to store leftover chili
Chili really does make the best leftovers. In fact, chili tastes even better the next day! If you're lucky enough to have chili leftover, this is how to store and reheat it:
- In the fridge – Store your leftover chili in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- In the freezer – Leftover chili can be frozen in a freezer proof container. If properly stored, it will keep well for up to 6 months.
- Reheating chili – The best way to reheat chili is in a pot on the stove. Add a splash of water if it gets too thick. You can also reheat the chili in a microwave.