I don't know about you but with all the cooking and food over the holidays, I'm in the mood now for something easy and healthy. Like, 10 minutes to throw everything in a pot and leave it alone while it cooks itself kind of easy. Yep, that's my style right about now. Easy turkey chili … mmmmm.
And it's pretty hard to think of this easy to make turkey chili as being anything but healthy. Lean turkey meat + healthy full of fiber beans + some veggies and spices = pretty darn healthy. Serve it with a salad on the side. Or don't. It's perfect all on its own.
If you make this Early Turkey Chili, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional but recommended)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 14 ounce can kidney beans
- Green onions for garnish
- In a large pot over medium high heat sauté the onion in the oil for about 3 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften. Add the celery and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the ground turkey and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until the turkey meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander and oregano and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour the juice from the can of tomatoes into the pot. Gently crush each tomato by squeezing them through your hand one at a time then add them to the pot. Add the ½ cup of water and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes depending on how thick you want your chili, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the soy sauce, brown sugar and kidney beans and heat through. Taste and salt as needed.
- Top with a few slices of green onions.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Curried Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Coconut Sweet Potato Topping - March 28, 2017
- The 15 Best Whole30 Easter Recipes - March 26, 2017
- Three Easy Party Dips – 5 simple ingredients - March 24, 2017