Tomahawk Pork Chops with Honey Garlic Sauce
Tender tomahawk pork chops are smothered in an incredible honey garlic sauce that caramelizes as it cooks to become ultra-delicious. This easy recipe will quickly become a favorite. You'll love them baked in the oven or cooked on a grill!
This post is sponsored by Sealand Quality Foods.
This is a recipe for real meat lovers. The thick-cut and super tender tomahawk pork chops are oven “grilled” then covered in the most delicious honey garlic sauce.
The sweet, garlicky sauce with flavorful pork is a winning match. You'll love it!
What is a tomahawk pork chop?
A tomahawk pork chop is a bone-in pork chop with a long exposed bone that looks like a handle (or tomahawk).
It is a bone-in pork ribeye, which is an extremely tender cut of meat. They are also known to be very flavorful and are a real treat!
Where to buy tomahawk pork chops
Tomahawk pork chops are a specialty item that is only available in select butchers, which is why we love ordering ours from Sealand Quality Foods.
The tomahawk chops they carry are Nagano Pork, a specialty Canadian meat that is always tender and juicy.
If you live in Canada, they'll deliver these chops (as well as many other types of premium meat and seafood) right to your doorstep. The convenience is amazing!
Their meat is all quick frozen, which maintains the freshest quality. And since each piece is individually wrapped, it is effortless to scale recipes up or down without having any food waste.
So if you're cooking for a family of five, thaw an extra chop, and you'll be ready to make dinner!
Also, try our French onion chicken recipe, which is made with Sealand Quality Foods chicken!
How to grill tomahawk pork chops in the oven
In the winter months, we truly love making this recipe in our oven. The best way to do this is to use a grill pan. If you don't have one, a sheet pan will work well, too. (Just as long as you don't mind missing out on the grill marks.)
- Preheat your oven with the grill pan inside. With the grill pan nice and hot, you'll be able to sear those pretty grill marks onto the chops.
- Make the honey garlic sauce. Saute some garlic in butter in a pan, then add some vinegar, soy sauce, and honey. After about a minute, the sauce will become beautifully thick.
- Season your tomahawk pork chops. Place them onto a hot grill pan in your oven to give them delicious looking grill marks.
- Now baste the chops in the honey garlic sauce, then return them to the oven for a quick broil to caramelize the sauce.
That's it! You've just made yourself some deliciously sticky honey garlic chops for dinner!
Full recipe in the recipe card below.
Can I make this recipe on a BBQ?
Of course! Tomahawk pork chops are amazing made on the BBQ. If it's grilling weather where you are, you can certainly cook these outdoors. All that you have to do is follow the recipe and baste the chops in the honey garlic sauce a minute or two before you take them off the grill.
Make this a complete meal
We love these tomahawk pork chops served as a meat and potatoes meal with some simple greens. You can make this a complete meal by serving them together with two of our favorite sides.
- Creamy Cucumber Salad (pictured)
- Sauteed Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan
- Garlic Butter Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
- Best Roasted Broccoli
- Classic Broccoli Coleslaw with Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
Popular pork chop recipes
- Juicy Baked Pork Chops
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Caramel Apples
- Grilled Gochujang Pork Chops with Watermelon Mint Salad
These tender tomahawk pork chops are smothered in an incredible honey garlic sauce that caramelizes as it cooks to become ultra delicious. You'll love them baked in the oven or cooked on a grill!
Tomahawk pork chops
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon EACH: onion powder and garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- 4 tomahawk pork chops (we sourced ours from Sealand Quality Foods)
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon EACH: apple cider vinegar and soy sauce (gluten-free or coco aminos, as needed)
- ⅓ cup honey
- Place a grill pan or a sheet pan in the top third of your oven then turn the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl then sprinkle the spices evenly over both sides of the tomahawk pork chops.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and honey to the pan and bring to a boil. Let the sauce boil for 2 minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- When your oven is hot, add the pork chops to the grill pan. Cook the pork chops for 15 minutes. Turn the chops over then baste them with some of the honey garlic sauce.
- Turn your oven to broil and broil the chops (watching them carefully) until they are caramelized and cooked through. Serve the tomahawk pork chops with the rest of the honey garlic sauce over the top.