Strawberry Basil Mojito
It's cocktail time and I've got a Strawberry Basil Mojito with your name on it! Fresh strawberries and a gentle basil flavor make this my favorite mojitos recipe. It's lightly sweetened and beautifully fragrant and perfect for a hot summer's day. It's also super easy to make a big batch for easy summer entertaining.
We're getting a jump start on summer around here!
Yes, I know we're still firmly planted in the middle of spring. But a girl can dream, can't she? Besides, I think a toast to warmer weather with a Strawberry Basil Mojito is just the thing to encourage an early summer.
You'll want to make this Strawberry Basil Mojito for just about every occasion:
- To celebrate the weekend! #friyay
- For your BFFs wedding shower or stagette. This has a girl's party written all over it.
- For your beach BBQ/picnic/backyard pool party.
- To sit on the deck and soak up the season's first warm rays of the sun.
- Because it's the afternoon and you can so you should.
I love my ‘job.' That's what I'm calling this these days. It's not because it feels like work, nor because I'm bringing home a fat paycheck. I love my job because I can sit here sipping a strawberry basil mojito because I ‘have' to. It's a rough life.
I know I've gone a bit overboard with mojitos recently. First, there was the Coconut Raspberry Mojito Jello Shooters, and then there was the Fresh Mint Mojitos, and now a Strawberry Basil Mojito. But I just came back from Cuba, can you blame me?
These babies are like summertime in a glass. Think grass between your toes, warm evenings that go on forever, and the scent of BBQ drifting through your neighborhood. You can make them by the glass, but I'd make them by the pitcher.
This recipe was inspired by a picture a family friend sent me a while back. It made me dream of summer!
This one's for you, Andy. One day I'd love to take you up on your offer and come back to Costa Rica to try your strawberry mojito. Cheers 🙂
If you love this Strawberry Basil Mojito as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-star review in the comments below!
Strawberry Basil Mojito
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce strawberry simple syrup, see ingredients below
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 ounces soda water
- Sliced strawberries and basil leaves, to garnish
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- Add the rum, strawberry simple syrup, lemon juice, and basil leaves in a cocktail shaker or mason jar filled with ice. Shake then pour into a glass.1 ounce white rum, 1 ounce strawberry simple syrup, ½ ounce fresh lemon juice, 3 basil leaves
- Top the glass with soda water and garnish with strawberries and basil.2 ounces soda water
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Combine the water, sugar, and strawberries in a pot and bring it to a boil1 cup water, ½ cup white sugar, 5 strawberries
- Remove the pot from the heat, cover, and let it stand at room temperature until cool.
- Blend the strawberries and syrup together then strain through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the solids.