Sesame Ginger Carrot Noodle Stir Fry with Bok Choy and Crispy Tofu is an easy to make, healthy, and super delicious vegan and gluten-free dinner recipe that is perfect for Meatless Monday.
It's time to get your veggie noodles on, yo! That's right friends, today I bring you a super healthy AND delicious carrot noodle stir fry that I've been going crazy about over here.
Healthy and delicious … seriously the best combo ever!
What I've got for you here is a giant bowl of vegetables covered in a deelish sesame ginger sauce and dotted with crispy tofu.
What makes this Carrot Noodle Stir Fry so awesome?
I'm glad you asked!
♡ It is L. O. A. D. E. D. with vegetables. It's basically a bowl of carrots and bok choy, only it's awesome.
♡ It's full of super yummy Asian flavors like ginger, sesame, cilantro and soy.
♡ It's quick and easy to make. Have 30 minutes to make dinner? Fantastic, you can make this!
♡ It's a gluten free, low carb and vegan meal.
♡ It's full of plant-based protein. Read: crispy tofu!
♡ It's one damn tasty dinner.
So tell me, have you jumped on the spiralizer train yet? It took me a while to make the leap (always the last one on board!) and now I don't know what took me so long. Maybe I'm a total weirdo, but turning vegetables into noodles is so strangely satisfying. #StrangeGirl
In this carrot noodle stir fry I've used my super awesome Paderno Spiralizer to make long, twisty carrot noodles that mimic (at least in look) spaghetti noodles. If you don't have a spiralizer you can use a vegetable peeler to make long strips of carrots. It will change the look of the carrot noodle stir fry, but the taste will be the same.
Now I'm not going to try and convince you that carrot noodles mimic real noodles in taste. They totally don't. They taste like carrots and have a little crunch to them, which I love. I also love that I can twirl them around on my fork or wind them around my chopsticks just like I can real noodles. Who's with me?
Carrot noodle stir fry for the win! ?
If you make this Sesame Ginger Carrot Noodle Stir Fry make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!Print
For the Ginger Sesame Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon each: dark sesame oil and corn starch
- 1 teaspoon each: brown sugar or honey, Sriracha, and neutral flavoured oil.
- 1 – 2″ piece of ginger, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Juice from 1 lime
For the Crispy Tofu:
- Enough oil to cover the bottom of a medium sized frying pan
- 1 – 16-ounce package of medium tofu, cut into squares
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
For the Carrot Noodle Stir Fry:
- 3 large Asian carrots (or 5 large regular carrots)
- 1 teaspoon neutral flavored oil
- A few handfuls of baby boy choy
- Cilantro, lime, and sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all of the Ginger Sesame Sauce ingredients.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan (cast iron works great) over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Working in batches, if necessary, fry the tofu on all sides until it is brown and crispy. Remove the tofu from the pan and place it into a small dish. Toss with the 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- While the tofu is frying, use your spiralizer to make noodles from the carrots. You could also use a julienne peeler or cut the carrots into long, thin strips with a sharp knife.
- Heat the 1 teaspoon of oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrot noodles and bok choy and toss a few times. Cover and let the noodles cook for about 2 minutes. Just when the noodles start to soften, add the Ginger Sesame Sauce and toss to coat. Once the sauce thickens (in about 1 minute) remove the pan from the heat and stir through the crispy tofu.
- Serve topped with any or all of the garnishes.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Whole Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic - November 17, 2018
- Seared Tuna with Spanish Manzanilla Olives Tapenade - November 15, 2018
- Butter Turkey Curry - November 13, 2018