This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These zesty Italian dressing potatoes are an easy and flavorful side dish to accompany any meal. They're cooked in Italian dressing, baked to crispy perfection, then sprinkled with parmesan. The best part is they're simple to make and ready in under an hour!
Your search for an easy and delicious weeknight side dish is complete with these Italian dressing potatoes. They're crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and bursting with fresh herb flavor.
We use our homemade Italian dressing in this recipe, but you can also use store-bought. If you're buying one from the store, make sure it's an oil and vinegar-based dressing and not a creamy one.
How to make Italian dressing potatoes
These simple roasted Italian-style potatoes are easy to make by following these steps:
- While the oven is preheating, combine the potatoes, Italian dressing, and salt in a baking dish.
- Now bake them until golden and soft, giving them a stir about halfway through.
- Sprinkle them with parmesan cheese, pop them back in the oven for a few more minutes to allow the cheese to melt and that's it! Serve them with some minced parsley on top.
These tasty potatoes take just a few ingredients to make. Here's everything you need for this Italian dressing potatoes recipe:
- Potatoes – small potatoes, halved or quartered.
- Italian dressing – we use our homemade Italian dressing in this recipe but feel free to use store-bought (see our note in the recipe card).
- Sea salt – to enhance all the flavors.
- Parmesan – for a wonderful savory flavor at the end.
- Minced parsley – for its bright taste and a pop of fresh green color.
Can I use any kind of potatoes?
Although we recommend smaller varieties, you could use larger potatoes and just chop them into smaller pieces.
How long do these keep in the fridge?
Leftovers will stay fresh in the fridge, in an air-tight container, for up to 5 days.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Potatoes start to oxidize (turn brown) once they're cut. If you want to get ahead, you could chop the potatoes and place them in a bowl with cold water in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When you're ready to cook them, drain and pat the potatoes dry then follow cooking steps 1-4.
Ways to serve Italian dressing potatoes
You'll see, that these tasty Italian potatoes will quickly become a family favorite. It's a foolproof recipe and the serving options are endless.
They're perfect as a weeknight side dish with any main like our juicy baked pork chops, or slow-roasted salmon. Entertaining? Make a big batch of these crowd-pleasing potatoes for your next dinner party or gathering that everyone will love!
- 1 ½ lb small potatoes (halved or quartered)
- ½ cup Italian dressing (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Minced parsley (to serve)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the potatoes in a baking dish, add the Italian dressing and salt, and mix the potatoes well.1 ½ lb small potatoes, ½ cup Italian dressing, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Bake the potatoes until they are golden and soft, about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the potatoes and return them to your oven for 5 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with a little minced parsley over the top.¼ cup grated parmesan, Minced parsley
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.