Best Healthy Meal Prep Recipes
These healthy meal prep recipes will make your life so much easier! You'll find tasty make-ahead breakfast options, meal prep lunches that you'll be excited to eat, and delicious and healthy dinner recipes that you can prep in advance.
Healthy Meal Prep Recipes
We get it, life is busy. That's why we've put together a list of all of our favorite healthy meal prep recipes. We want to help take the stress out of meal planning.
With these recipes, you'll be set for eating healthy and delicious meals all week long.
Don't forget to share this recipe collection with your meal-prepping friends. And make sure to leave a comment letting us know which is your favorite recipe!
Why meal prep
Meal prepping has more benefits than simply making mealtime less stressful. One of the other top bonuses of planning ahead is that you're more likely to eat healthy. Most of the time we won't order pizza delivery or stop by a fast food joint if we know there's a delicious meal waiting for us at home.
It's also a great way to save money. You'll find you waste less food if you know what you're eating all week. And we all know that it's much cheaper to eat at home than it is to eat out!
With these healthy meal prep recipes, you'll be set for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all week long!
Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes
- Coconut Almond Breakfast Muffins are sugar and grain-free, but you'll never know it. They make great breakfast for when you're in a hurry.
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Muffins reheat well for weekday mornings.
- Tropical Sunshine Make Ahead Smoothies are a cinch to make and a perfect grab-and-go, healthy breakfast for busy weekday mornings.
- Meal Prep Chorizo Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash is an egg-free recipe that can be made ahead and reheated in minutes.
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties are easy to make in advance and reheat in the morning.
- Healthy Carrot Muffins make a quick grab and go breakfast.
Meal prep lunch recipes
- Cranberry Chicken Salad lasts for days in your fridge and is delcious in a sandwich or piled on top of greens.
- Chicken Taco Soup makes a great make-ahead lunch as it reheats well and can be packed in a thermos.
- Garden Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich is a wonderful, plant-based lunch that you can make on Sunday and pack for lunch all week long!
- Healthy PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps is light but filling lunch made without any sugar.
- Grilled Veggie & Black Bean Meal Prep Bowls are a great summertime option.
- Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls are a healthy, delicious lunch idea and a fun twist on chicken wings!
- Low-Carb Mexican Meal Prep Bowls are perfect for taking with you on-the-go! Low-carb, high-protein, gluten-free, and delicious.
- 12 Healthy Lunch Box Ideas are a big help if you have school aged children!
- Napa Almond Chicken Salad is inspired by the salad at Panera and a breeze to make at home. Put it into a sandwich or on top of greens!
Where to buy food prep containers for lunch
One of the least expensive options is to use reusable, Tupperware-style containers that are sold in most grocery stores. Keep in mind that they don't have a tight seal so shouldn't be used to pack things with sauces.
More environmentally-friendly glass food storage containers can be found on Amazon. Having a few that have compartments for different foods can be handy if you want to pack a variety for lunch.
And wide-mouth mason jars are excellent for soups, stews, and chili as they're sturdy, leak-proof, and (without a lid) can be microwaved.
Meal prep dinner recipes
- The Best Steak Chili tastes even better after it's had the chance to sit in your fridge for a couple of days.
- Mexican Meatball Soup reheats quickly and easily for no-fuss weeknight dinners.
- Honey Lemon Chicken Bowls make a wonderful dinner and leftovers can be packed for lunch!
- Italian Chicken Meal Prep Casserole is a keto option that can ben prepped days in advance.
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers can be made ahead and frozen then cooked quickly in your air fryer.
- Tex-Mex Meatballs are cooked in a smoky tomato sauce and taste even better a day or two after they're cooked.
- Buffalo Chicken Chili has a wonderful, slightly spicy flavor and reheats beautifully.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Marinade is a great way to add flavor to your favorite cut of chicken. You can even freeze the chicken right in the marinade!
How long do meal prep recipes last in the fridge?
Some recipes keep better than others. Soup, chili, stew, curry, and tomato-based pasta sauces generally taste better a day or two after you make them so they're ideal for meal prep.
The USDA says that all meat (chicken, fish, pork, and beef) will keep for 3-4 days in your fridge. Make sure to store it at the back of your fridge where it is the coldest.
When meal prepping vegetables, remember that salt draws out moisture and will make uncooked vegetables a limp, soggy mess. If your meal prep includes chopping vegetables, don't salt them until you cook them.
What's the best way to reheat meal prep recipes?
How you reheat your prepped food will depend on what it is.
Soup, chili, stew, curry, and sauces reheat best in a pot on medium-low heat. You can also use a microwave.
Things that are crispy (like this pickle brine chicken) reheat best in the oven.
Fish doesn't typically reheat very well as it can become overcooked and dry very easily. But cold leftover fish on a salad makes an amazing lunch!
A few more meal prep recipes you don't want to miss!
- Pulled Pork Shepherd's Pie can be assembled days in advance and cooked when you're ready for it. Leftovers also reheat well.
- Chicken Feta Spinach Burger Patties freeze excellent for quick dinners.
- Thai Peanut Curry reheats well for lunch or another dinner.
- Meal Prep Chicken Burrito Bowls great for lunch on the go or for a quick and easy dinner for busy weeknights!
- Meal Prep Pizza Chicken is a one-skillet, low-carb meal takes 20 minutes to make and has all the flavors of pizza without the carbs.
If you love these recipes as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
Meal Prep Breakfast
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Coconut Almond Breakfast Muffins
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Muffins
- Tropical Sunshine Make Ahead Smoothies
- Meal Prep Chorizo Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Healthy Carrot Muffins
Meal Prep Lunches
- Easy Chicken Bites
- Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Garden Veggie Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Healthy PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Veggie & Black Bean Meal Prep Bowls
- Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Low-Carb Mexican Meal Prep Bowls
- 12 Healthy Lunch Box Ideas
- Napa Almond Chicken Salad
Meal Prep Dinner Recipes
- Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- The Best Steak Chili
- Mexican Meatball Soup
- Honey Lemon Chicken Bowls
- Italian Chicken Meal Prep Casserole
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Tex-Mex Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Marinade