Tropical Sunshine Make Ahead Smoothies
These Tropical Sunshine Make Ahead Smoothies are a cinch to make and a perfect, grab-and-go, healthy breakfast for busy weekday mornings. Tropical fruit and coconut will have you dreaming of beaches and sunshine!
You guys, I think I've been living under a rock. Did you know that there are these things called Make Ahead Smoothies? Until a few weeks ago I had NO IDEA. Seriously, none at all.
I have to wonder some days what planet I live on. I swear I'm always the last person to find out about these cool new food trends. #SoNotHip
When I first heard about them I thought, “What the …? Who needs to make smoothies ahead of time?” Seemed absurd to make something ahead of time that only takes 5 minutes to make anyway. But then I got distracted by colorful pictures and pretty soon my fridge was full of make-ahead smoothies. It happens!
But this also happens … the next morning I woke up late (read: pressed snooze 38 times too many) and was racing around like a madwoman trying, mostly unsuccessfully, to get myself in order on time. You know those smoothies that were sitting in my fridge? Ya, those. They saved the day.
My mind has been opened. Now when you say, “Make ahead smoothie.” I think, “One more snooze.”
Here's the deal with Make Ahead Smoothies:
- They're SO EASY to make. Ok ok I know smoothies are always easy to make, but these ones are extra easy since you only have to make them once. It takes exactly the same about of time to make four as it does to make one. Plus, you'll only have to clean up once. Bonus!
- Grab and Go. Breakfast becomes as easy as walking to your fridge and grabbing a smoothie. Easy peasy. So easy that it can be done even before you have your morning coffee. Whoa!
- They're endlessly customizable. Try adding hemp or flax seeds with the chia seeds. Swap the coconut milk for yogurt. Add berries or banana or some greens to the fruit. Top your smoothie with some granola, nuts or seeds. Use your imagination. Go crazy. These make-ahead smoothies can become anything you want.
All I have to say about these smoothies is … you have to make them. The bottom layer is made with chia seeds and coconut milk which turns into a sort of tapioca-like pudding.
On top of the chia pudding is a dreamy blend of tropical mango and pineapple. Even though there's no sugar added, it reminds me of dessert. Breakfast dessert = best ever.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes:
- Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Very Berry Almond Butter Smoothie
- Green Goddess Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Almond Chia Seed Smoothie
- Pretty Coconut and Raw Beet Smoothie
Tropical Sunshine Make Ahead Smoothies
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 ¼ cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and cut into cubes (see notes)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut, to serve
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, chia seeds, and vanilla.1 ¼ cups coconut milk, ¼ cup chia seeds, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the mangos, pineapple, and water into your blender (I love my Vitamix, but any blender will work) and blend on high until smooth.2 ripe mangos, 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces, ½ cup water
- Divide the coconut chia pudding (it should have thickened up by now) between 4 – 1 cup mason jars. Top with the pureed mangos and pineapple, cover and chill in your fridge for breakfast. Serve with the coconut sprinkled over top.¼ cup unsweetened coconut
this looks great! cant wait to try it at home! thank you so much for the recipe and i love that you can make it ahead of time
I hope you love it as much as I do! It’s such a handy recipe for busy weekday mornings. 🙂
when do we use the unsweetened coconut? and is it flakes, dessicated, or shredded?
I used flaked coconut, but only because I thought it would be prettiest for the pictures. You can use whatever kind you have on hand!
These looks soo delicious!! I love making breakfast the night before, it’s always such a treat to wake up to a delicious breakfast that’s already made! Will definitely give these a try.
It really is, isn’t it? Nothing better than coffee and already made breakfast to coax a person out of bed. 🙂
These are gorgeous! I love starting my morning with smoothies and the tropical flavors sound perfect! So awesome that you can make these ahead of time too! 🙂
I do, too! Smoothies really are the best way to start the day. 🙂
Well you’re already about 100x more hip than me! I’ve never heard of a make-ahead smoothie or seen one…which is hard considering the amount of blogs, and social media I consume daily 😛 Haha!
Ha ha I love it! You’re way more hip than I normally am with all your deelish gluten free goods!
How interesting. I didn’t know that chia seeds and coconut would thicken on their own. And the puree sounds really good!
I found that out the hard way once when I made a smoothie with chia seeds then walked away for a while. It was one of those overly green smoothies that are really best as drinks and not pudding lol. 🙂