Crock Pot Pork Tacos with Crunchy Carrot Slaw
It's official: crockpot pork tacos are da bomb. They're made with some simple and delicious crockpot pork carnitas and topped with an easy to make carrot slaw and some spicy yogurt. Dinner is served.
These Crock Pot Pork Tacos with Crunchy Carrot Slaw are what we should all be eating for dinner tonight. And each and every night for the next two weeks. ‘Cause you know, when something's this good it's hard to get enough.
These guys started out after my obsession with Mexican Crock Pot Pork Carnitas got a little out of hand. I really need to be reminded that there are only two of us living here, not a family of fifteen. Either that or you guys might have to start stopping by to help lend a hand in clearing out the fridge. Err … I mean, eating tacos.
I promise I won't even put you to work. These crockpot pork tacos are almost zero work to make. They're less work than walking to the Mexican joint down the road, and I swear they're even better.
That's the thing with crockpot cooking. It's just so damn easy. I know I was the last person in the world to figure that out. #SoLateInTheGame Better late than slaving over a stove all day when all ya wanna do is EAT!
Your Crockpot Pork Tacos Game Plan:
- Put the ingredients for the Mexican Crock Pot Pork Carnitas into your crockpot then walk away for 8 hours.
- Shred the pork and pop it under your broiler for 15 minutes to crisp. Put a couple of tortillas in to warm up at the same time.
- While the pork is in the oven, mash an avocado with lime for your guac, mix together some yogurt and hot sauce and cut up the carrots and cabbage for the slaw.
- Assemble your tacos and … EAT!
More Delicious Crockpot Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Lettuce Boats
- Crockpot Korean Gochujang Pork
- Best Carnitas Tacos
- Best Crockpot General Tso's Chicken
- Crockpot Thai Chicken Curry
These Crockpot Pork Tacos are crazy delicious and super easy to make. They're served with a simple carrot slaw and some Sriracha yogurt. YUM!
- Crock Pot Pork Carnitas 1/2 recipe
For the slaw:
- 1 carrot, grated or julienned with a mandolin
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- A pinch of cumin and sea salt
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1–2 tablespoons hot sauce
For the guacamole:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane or very finely minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas (homemade, if you're feeling extra crafty)
- Limes, jalapenos, fresh cracked pepper
- Begin my making the Crock Pot Pork Carnitas. You can either make the full recipe and have leftovers or freeze some for later, or you can make half the recipe to use for the tacos.
- When the carnitas are about a half hour away from being ready, prepare the rest of the meal. Place all the ingredients for the carrot slaw in a medium-sized bowl and toss so that everything is evenly coated.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Add the guacamole ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix together so that it is combined but still a little chunky.
- When the carnitas are ready, serve them on the corn tortillas with a little slaw, guacamole and the sauce on top.