This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Bacon roasted brussels sprouts are as good as it gets. The brussels are roasted until deliciously dark in spots and the bacon is perfectly crisp. Bonus: they can be assembled ahead of time for a stress-free Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Roasted brussels sprouts with bacon get devoured like they're candy.
If you're the lone brussels sprouts lover at a table of brussels haters, you may not want to make this recipe as you'll be forced to share. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Roasting brussels sprouts changes them into something even the most die hard brussels hater will love. Have you ever roasted tomatoes or cauliflower until they are dark brown and almost (but not quite) burnt in spots? If you have, you'll have a pretty good idea of what some time spent in the oven will do to these lowly little baby cabbages.
How do I make roasted brussels sprouts and bacon
This is such an incredibly easy recipe.
- Toss the trimmed and halved brussels sprouts in oil, salt, pepper, and garlic then lay them on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Top them generously with bacon. It will look like a lot, but once the bacon cooks, you'll see that it's the perfect amount.
- Now all you have to do is pop the brussels and bacon into the oven and mix them around one time about halfway through cooking them.
Full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
Can I make roasted brussels sprouts with bacon ahead of time
Yes! You can assemble the brussels sprouts and bacon 24 hours in advance. Simply cover the baking sheet and put it into your fridge until you're ready to cook them.
Or par-cook them when your oven is busy cooking a turkey.
Up to 24 hours in advance, cook the brussels sprouts and bacon for 25 minutes. Let them cool, cover them, then put the baking sheet into your fridge.
Once you take the turkey out of the oven, put the brussels in for 15 minutes to finish cooking. By the time your turkey rests and is ready to be carved, the brussels will be ready and they'll taste freshly cooked.
What to serve with oven roasted brussels sprouts with bacon
But they really shine at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. Try serving them with:
- Lemon Herb Butter Roast Chicken
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Sweet Potatoes, Cranberries, and Pecans
- Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Maple Glazed Carrots
- Best Ever Bread Stuffing
Popular brussels sprouts recipes
- Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- Coconut Oil Fried Brussels Sprouts with Garlic, Chilies, and Lime
- Pan-Seared Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds and Balsamic
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts (trimmed and cut in half if large)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- ½ pound of bacon (cut into ½ inch strips)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the brussels sprouts with the oil, pepper, and garlic then place them on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Cover them with the bacon pieces.2 lbs brussels sprouts, 2 teaspoons oil, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 3 cloves garlic, ½ pound of bacon
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, mixing them halfway through. They are best when the brussels are very brown and the bacon is crispy.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.