This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are THE BEST ever! They're a super easy to make side dish that will make a brussels sprouts fan out of anyone.
Calling all brussels sprouts haters. Yes, you. I need you here cause these parmesan brussels sprouts are about to change the way you think about baby cabbages.
When I served these with dinner the other night, my 2-year-old daughter refused to eat anything on her plate EXCEPT these cheesy brussels sprouts. They're basically magic brussels sprouts.
And brussels sprouts lovers, you're going to want to stick around. Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts are THE BEST brussels ever ever ever. ← no exaggeration!
Why you need to make parmesan brussels sprouts stat:
- The parmesan cheese melts to the brussels which sticks them together like a parmesan brussels sprouts carpet. (see the pic below)
- After being out of the oven for about a minute, the parmesan crisps. (and we all know that crispy cheese = awesome.)
- This cheesy brussels sprouts recipe is the easiest ever. If you can grate cheese and cut brussels in half then you can make this.
- It is a 5 ingredient side dish recipe – and two of those ingredients are salt and pepper. So simple!
- It is a gluten-free and low carb recipe that's totally worth raving about.
Do you see that up there? I can barely stand how delicious these little cheesy nuggets are. Please please please promise me that you'll make them!
How to Make Parmesan Brussels Sprouts:
Cover your baking sheet in parchment paper. This is SUPER important! If you skip this, you risk the parmesan sticking to your pan instead of the brussels sprouts. There aren't enough sad faced emojis in this world to describe how terrible that would be.
Then cover the parchment paper in a blanket of parmesan cheese. You don't need to get too crazy with the cheese (although if you want to, go for it!) but you do want enough parmesan to lightly cover the whole pan.
Next, you'll take your brussels sprouts (cut in half) and nestle then like sardines on the pan. You want to cozy them up as close to each other as they can get.
All you have to do is roast them for 20 minutes before you peel them off the parchment paper. Now try not eat all of them while standing in the kitchen. #NearlyImpossible
What kind of parmesan cheese should you use?
The real kind! You know that stuff that comes in a shaker bottle that says parmesan on the label but doesn't look or taste anything like parmesan cheese? Ya, don't use that.
Buy a brick of parmesan and use the small holes on your grater to grate it.
I buy my parmesan cheese at Costco. It's inexpensive and lasts nearly forever in your fridge so you can always have some on hand for when you get your next parmesan brussels spouts craving.
We all need a recipe for cheesy brussels sprouts. I've tried several and I can tell you from experience that baked brussels sprouts with parmesan cheese are the best.
They're super easy to make as a weekday side dish but pretty enough to serve for company. You'll want to keep this in your back pocket for all the brussels sprouts dinners coming up. I'm looking at you Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving/Christmas!
You could also take this recipe in a different direction and serve it as an appetizer. The little cheese covered baby cabbages make perfect bite-sized snacks.
Make cheesy brussels sprouts for your family dinner:
With only 10 minutes (of very do ahead-able) prep, parmesan crusted brussels sprouts are a perfect side for your dinner party.
Here's what you're going to do:
- Prep the brussels and lay them on your parmesan covered baking sheet. Now cover them with plastic wrap and pop them into your fridge.
- When you pull the turkey/nut roast/main dish out of the oven, pop these in.
These parmesan brussels sprouts will be ready to serve by the time your turkey rests and has been carved. It's perfect timing!
Video: How to make Crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Healthy Brussels Sprouts Recipes:
- Garlic Butter Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts with Almonds and Balsamic
- Coconut Oil Fried Brussels Sprouts with Garlic, Chili, and Lime ← My personal fav recipe!
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- Brussels Sprouts Recipe with garlic and paprika
- olive oil spray (see notes)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ lbs. brussels sprouts (cut in half)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat the parchment paper with a few sprays of olive oil. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese evenly over the parchment paper.1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, olive oil spray
- Place the brussels sprouts in rows on the parmesan cheese, cut side down, pressing on each one a little to stick it to the cheese. Spray the tops with a little more olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.1 ½ lbs. brussels sprouts, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Bake the brussels for 20 minutes then let them sit on the counter for 2 minutes before pulling them off the parchment paper.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.